News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Clippers on Craiglist

Started by Toedtoes, April 04, 2014, 09:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toedtoes

I'm setting this up as a sticky so folks can post clippers they see for sale on Craigslist.  Please indicate Location, Date Seen on Craigslist and Title of Ad as the heading of your post (they'll all remain in this thread, but folks can identify each post as different.  You can add other details in the text field.  See the following posts as examples (and current postings I found on Craigslist).
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Toedtoes

inside remodeled
fully functional
great condition
73,000 miles
sat for a few years
tags out of date
asking $4,500 but will negotiate
wants it gone asap
includes pull out awning

(no photos in ad, says he'll send them if you email)

Toedtoes

$3,500 or best offer
engine, top end rebuilt, just tuned up and smogged
interior remodeled
well maintained

photos included.  The remodel is interesting on this one - they removed the closet, moved the sink to where the closet was with a countertop next to it and cupboard below, changed out the small drawer under the original sink and put in 2 large drawers and a thin drawer and made a counter out of where the sink was, installed a microwave in the cupboard over the original sink.

Toedtoes

This one appears to be the same as the first one posted - but it has a couple photos.

I find it interesting that this post stresses "all new interior", but it shows very little of the interior.  Looks like someone was living it from the outside photos.

Clipper Joe

Hello All,

I Have Seen These Clippers, I Think It Would Be Great If I Was Looking For A Clipper I Would Surely Buy One Off A ACOC Member First. Because I Feel That There Is A Little Of Pride On How They Have Up Kept There Pride & Joys..

If You Do Have A Hard Time In Finding A Non Member Clipper, Make Sure You Have Some One To Check It Out First. I Wish I Had Some One To Look At Ours First, Knowing What I Have Had To Do To
" Wilson "  I Could Of Spent A Little More @ First & Saved A Lot Of Time Bringing Him Back To Life :-[

If Anyone Out There Is Planing On Getting One Of These Super Nice Clipper RV, ;D & You Live In San Francisco Bay Area, Or An Area By Other Club Members, Feel Free To Let Some Of Use As ACOC  Members, Give You Some Input That May Save You A Lot Of Time & Money In The Long Run... :-\

I Know There Still Are A Lot Of Sweet Low Mileage, Great Shape & Great Looking Clippers Still Out There.

Please Keep The Posts Coming :o

Joe & Denise
ACOC # 3749
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Schuzz6

SOLD  1980 American Clipper 23 ft - $2500 (Colfax, WA)

1980 Dodge American Clipper
23 ft. 51000 Miles
Large Bed over cab
Couch folds into bed
Bunk Beds
Working fridge (Propane and electric) , stove (Propane) and air-conditioning.
Kitchen faucet leaks around the fixture. Bathroom ceiling has water damage from rain coming in the vent. I bought a new vent.
Toilet looks new but we never tried it.
Onan Generator (also never tried).
Has current tabs (March 2015) and clear title.

Runs but probably needs brakes replaced.

Clipper Joe

Hello Schuzz6,

Is This Your Clipper? Are You Orig. Owner Of Clipper? You Stated You Never Tried Generator Or Toilet.

Seems Like A Real Nice Unit With Low Miles On It.
Wish You Were In Calif. I Would Like To See It... :D

Can You Post Some Photo's?  Of Gen-Set  I Went To Craigslist>> Wow Very Nice Clipper  ;D ;D

Thanks,
Joe
ACOC#3749

Schuzz6

Sorry I meant to include a link to the craigslist post; http://pullman.en.craigslist.org/rvs/4587493103.html.  It has tons of pictures.   We are not the original owners.  I am having problems posting pictures on here.

Clipper Joe

Hi Schuzz6,

I Was Able To Go To Craigslist & See Photos Of Your RV, Very Nice Rig. Like I Said I Would Get It If It Was In Calif.

Is Generator A Onan 4.0 AfterMarket, Do You Know How Many Hours On It? Does It Have A 440 Dodge Motor?

I Going To Talk To A Friend Of Mine, He Has Been Looking, You Stated It May Need Brakes, Are That The Front Pads? Or Rear? Hows The Tires, He Would Maybe Fly Up There & Drive It Back To California..

Thats For The Link.

Joe

ACOC#3749

Schuzz6

Clipper Joe

Hello Schuzz6,
Glad You Were Able To Sell Clipper, Sure Was A Nice Rig.
Low Mileage Clippers, Hard To Come By.

They Got one Of The Best RV's Built ;D
Make Sure You Pass Club Info & Web Site, Looking Forward In Talking To New Owner, Hope They Join ACOC :D

Joe

ACOC#3749

audrey63

Joe,
Just to Let you Know...The MOTOR TURNS!!! lol
I Just may Have Second Thoughts! lol
Audrey

Clipper Joe

Hi There,
You Would Have So Much Fun With It & There Is A Rally In Oct.
Join Club & Go For So Fun.. ;D

Joe
ACOC#3749

GBPackerfan

I just posted my Clipper on Craigslist yesterday. Here is the link: https://olympic.craigslist.org/rvs/4606127392.html

I am in Port Townsend, Washington.

saben

Seeking a good running 360 clipper in California. Anyone looking to part? Family looking for one to love and travel with. Thanks! :)