News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Hauling a canoe...

Started by kenmel, May 15, 2013, 07:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenmel

Any ideas for hauling a canoe on the Clipper? I have searched for ideas but turned up little to nothing. I am trying to find a small boat trailer to turn into a canoe trailer with a lockable storage box but so far haven't found one to even do the work to convert it. The wife is beginning to get perturbed with it being in her dining room ;D Got a great deal on it and a trolling motor with 2 deep cycle batteries and all the accesories. I found a vintage retractable clothline on ebay and got it cheap that I think will be handy lol. And a pic of my new old GE percolater(makes some mighty fine coffee lol) Thanks  :o

Toedtoes

Hmm, do you have the ladder on the back? Would it be possible to creat a sling that hold the canoe against the ladder? If you put two small wheels on the edge of the canoe (at one of the tips), you could unsling the canoe and slide it to the ground so it stands on the two wheels (doesn't have to be wheels - mostly something so you don't drop it on the actual tip).
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

kenmel

I have a ladder but it seems that it would be a pain to put it on top with the vent covers and AC unit. I think it would set between them over the AC but then comes the problem of tie downs and keeping the canoe from cracking the roof when snugged down. I am trying to find a trailer to convert like the one in the pic but no luck lol

Toedtoes

I was thinking of having it ride vertical up the back of the clipper along the ladder.  Then you could just slide it up into and down out of the sling contraption.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

kenmel

I thought of that but it is a 15' canoe and it would have to be 2-3' of the ground. So then we would be looking at it being 17-18' off the ground. Overpasses don't like that lol, not to mention I think that airflow would rip it to pieces from turbulence. I think it is going to have to be a trailer lol. ;D

kenmel

Still working on the canoe trailer  :o as I can find reasonably priced tubing, I have a ignition module to replace so that comes first. Ken
Ken and Melissa, 1978 821 FIT, rear kitchen. ACOC #3805