News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Generator Muffler

Started by John Mey, March 04, 2004, 09:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Mey

I have a older Generac generator. When I crank it up all the birds in my neighborhood take flight.    Anyway, the muffler looks quite old and I was thinking about trying a new one. Are there any good solutions for getting it better muffled, like a motorcycle muffler or something?  thanks.......Ranger.

bigray

I have the same problem. I've been meaning stop by this small engine shop close to my house but haven't had the chance.

My brother insists that there is a silencer muffler that can reduce the noise.

While the noise is a problem most of our camping thus far has been at state parks with full hookups. When we travel more, we will have to park in the remote corners of Wal-Mart or other stops to keep from disturbing others.

Ranger, my problem is finding an air filter for my Generac Generator. Where do you get yours? One guy said he could get them but a $30 a pop. That's too much in my opinion.

Can you help me?

John Mey

BigRay,  I am a recent Cliiper owner (havent really used it yet) and I just took a look at my Generac air filter. Well, it appears I dont have one. I am assuming it should be where you pop the small panel off just to the left of the carbeurator with one screw. I have no way of knowing if yours is the same as mine. Mine is a older model. Anyway, I am assuming it uses some type of a foam air filter. If it does use a foam one rather than a stiffer paper type of that auto's use, you should be able to simply clean it in your sink using hot water and dish soap. Thats how I clean the filter on my dirt bike. Now that I see I am missing one, I will try and get a peice of foam to make a filter for my unit. I have no idea where you can get a new one at this time. If its a type that you can clean, then thats what I suggest.   Ranger

bigray

Ranger,

Sounds like you have the same one I have. Mine is gold in color. The filter that I have is the paper type. I've considered washing it with gas (like we use to do in the good old days) but I figured I could just as well get a new one. Better said than done. I haven't been able to find one.

Thanks!!