News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Ceiling paint color?

Started by Panel Pete, June 26, 2013, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panel Pete

Any one know what the original color is for the ceiling? I'm not having any luck with home depot or lowes ability to color match the sample - seems that the cracking in the paint exposes enough of the wood grain to throw off the spectro analyzer thinga majig. I'm trying to match the factory color to keep from having to repaint the whole ceiling.

Thanks,
Pete
440 powered 77' Clipper, model 821FC

Nothing is fool proof to a talented fool.......

Panel Pete

I know it's been slow in here and I'm still hopeful for a response. Anyone have any idea?  Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller? 

Clipper Joe

Hey Pete,
Did your Clipper come with a White color Wall paper?
Mine had a grain Material on ceiling, So I went with Dura Clad Swiss Coffee from Kelly-Moore, Painted & Rolled whole ceiling, with 1" x6" Roller.
Taped Cabinets really good, took 30 min.
Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Panel Pete

Joe,

Thanks for the response. No, my interior is all dark wood paneling. I'm guessing that the ceilings in our rigs are similar as mine has a "wood grain" look to it as well. I've come to the conclusion that the grain look is due to the paint drying out and cracking/checking over the years exposing the natural wood grain beneath the paint. I may have to result to painting the ceiling if I can't find a color match - I'm trying to touch up the ceiling in the bathroom. Glad to hear that the whole job is a relatively quick one, that would be a welcome change!

Pete       

Clipper Joe

Hi Pete,

I Will Try & Snap A Photo, It Sure Brighten Up Coach, Took All Old Wall Paper Out, Painted With High Quality Interior K/Moore Paint> Holmes Cream On Walls & Swiss Coffee On Ceiling & Cab Ceiling Bunk Area. On Wood Cabinets They Are Red Mahoney Minwax #232 0r #233.
Then After A Month Or So I Rubbed All Wood With Old English Polish & Wiped Down With Dust Free Micro Clothed.

Have You Tried Scotts Liquid Gold, Wood Cleaner & Preservative?

Joe     
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher