News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Converting not working

Started by Danc, December 04, 2001, 02:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danc

Question: On our last campout our inside lights would not work from the battery, and the generator also would not start. We pluged into the campground A.C. and the lights in the camper worked but the water pump did not work. Could this be a relay that needs replacing in the converter or do we need to replace the converter. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks Dan

amclipper

Danc,
As I read your post, you state that the gen would not start: do you mean it would NOT turnover, ie crank, or that it did crank, but would not run? If the genset would not crank, I would suspect that you may have a a problem with the house battery/battery wiring and a possible blown fuse to the water pump. It sounds like the converter is working since you can operate the lights while on shore power. Could the water pump have been accidently left on?
There is a power relay behind the left panel of the converter, but it does not have any effect on the genset; the power for the genset control comes from the genset itself - the battery connects directly to the genset. Hope this helps, if not drop me a line. ed