News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Rubbing Tires

Started by Anniepoo, December 10, 2012, 10:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anniepoo

I recently changed ffrom 800R16.5 to 875R16.5 tires on rear of my 78 Clipper. 
The tire shop failed to check that the tires cleared (Oops!) and didn't stand by their work (shame on them).
(For the record - Redwood General Tire, Redwood City, CA).

So, I've tried having the air bags repaired - the hoses were broken. That lasted about 4 days.

Now they're rubbing again. Suggestions for how to fix this? Can I have the vehicle lifted somehow?

Horst

I'm not a suspension expert, (but we have a few here that hopefully will chime in.)
Sounds to me like your leaf springs are shot, and if they are, it's too much of a load for your airbags to handle, even if your airbag system was brand new.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

retrorob

Well, my first queston would be: who repaired the air bags and did they do it right? I would first have the air bags looked at again. There must be something they overlooked.
Yes, the leaf springs could be starting to fail. Coil over, load carrying shocks are an option but again, I would first get the air bags checked.
There is my 2 cents.