News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

8.75R16.5 LT Tire source

Started by USNRetired, July 05, 2012, 12:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

USNRetired

Just to let everyone know that I've found a source here in Oceanside for Firestone Transforce HT 8.75R16.5 LT Load Range E Tires @ $160.00 plus $12.40 tax unmounted for each tire.  Conover Tires Whyeels and Service, Inc. 2405 Oceanside Blvd., Oceanside, CA 92054  Phone 760-436-1831  Fax: 760-439-9501  Currently, they have 31 tires in their warehouse.  I finally purchased a spare tire!  :-)  Maybe my wife will let me drive her further than 50 miles from home now.  Ha!
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

JerryT

Hi Jim
I am running these tires three years now and I am very happy with them. Mine were $ 115.00 then, tire prices have went up a lot in a short time. Take care.

JerryT

USNRetired

Hi Jerry T,

That is good to know, the tires I have on the Clipper are about 3 years old, previous owner bought them new.  They are looking good and I keep them covered when I'm not out having fun.  :-)

Hope the prices don't go up much higher!!

Jim
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

John Eversoll

Hey Jimmy, found ya here ...  Well, The tire issue is still going on I see...
I still have to get a spring for the drivers side  front
and I did find another gas tank for the rig. Just got to find the time to install it
Plus I have to replace the carpet..and the paneling...  yada yada yada....Aaa anythign else????????
see ya on the faceB.

Anniepoo

I just finished replacing the ancient rear 800R16.5 rears on my clipper with 8.75R16.5

The tire shop failed to check clearance.  Took me a while to start wondering why I was getting
poor gas milage, smelling rubber, and hearing a squeaking sound following the repair.

After finally figuring out what the deal was, I got it clear by having the air bags repaired, which lifted the frame.
If you haven't got working air bags - let me tell ya, if yer own personal frame's as old and decrepit as mine, you'll find it well worth it in terms of personal comfort.

Guess the point of this post is that you should definitely check the clearances after changing to 875's.

Anniepoo

Foo - the tire's back to rubbing this morning   >:(