News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Cleaniest Clipper contest

Started by bigray, July 28, 2005, 08:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Illes

Yup.... a BIG "10-4" on easier posting of pics.   Hadda ask BigRay to post the ones of mine in the Greetings area.   He keeps telling me it's a no brainer..... easy for him to say, lol.  If I got it half right, you have to do it in some other software or something, then you can move 'em over here.  Not what I'm into.

I sure like that floorplan better'n Fred's too.... lots more moving around space.  What's that round gizzmo onna floor.... heater?

nhoj03

Horst!!! Lookin at your AC, very nice!!!!! But I also have a 75 AC, But my front grille is different. Any idea??????? Let me know
1975 American Clipper, 21ft Rear Kitchen, Dodge 360, 521F

Horst

My grille comes off a 1973 Dodge van - 72 grilles fit as well.

Check the junkyards - I finally got lucky - had the idea for 2 years before I finally found one in good shape- for $20!
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Rastaman

Hey Andy..I havent really looked for a junk yard around these parts...yet..havent really needed anything...but i will be sure to let you know when and if i find one
rasta

tomfridley

it is a beautiful day in eureka,ca just had to share some photos with all of you.
my 1977 clipper was purchased new by my mom and dad and given to me about 7 years ago.
my camera obviously does not like the brown stripes down the exterior. they are straight. i am curious though about the mustard yellow stripe. seems most other clipper stripes are orange. any other owners have the same yellow stripe?
i have had a great deal of fun bringing it back to near-new condition.

Horst

Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

susan-y

bigray

wow....................very clean!

terry and karen conkle

check out those white taillights----where did those come from?

terry 79 21' chev 400 rear bath #3511

tomfridley

those white taillights are original on my'77 model. and yes ALL the lights now work!

junebob

:shock: None of the pictures up to date in this section are even close to the top condition clipper in the club. the absolute best one is (or at least was) a 24 footer in the Solvang , the little  Danish town off of hwy 101. The members name escapes me at the moment. Next to that I would say Joe Stories 21 footer  in Albany Oregon Would have been  in contention for second on the west coast.  After that, I would say  Our coach , Glen and Glenna Lockmans coach, Shirely and Keith Millers coach, and Bob and Edie luces coach Would be running a close tie for the next spots.  Our Cascade Clippers group were (nearly) famous as a group for the outstanding care of our Clippers.Granted these placings would be a ways back in time. On the other hand this opinion is based on my having seen the majority of the Clippers in the club in my capacity as an active member and supply officer. 8) Keep up the good looks and condition efforts out there. Bob

junebob

I remain corrected. Upon reviewing the submitted coaches a second time . I came up on Tom Frideleys coach pictures. You BLEW ME AWAY TOM.  Other than the 24 footer years ago in Sulvang. Nothing I have seen even comes close to what you have achieved. It to was totally redone inside. My congratulations to you. My references in my former posting  were  basically original style and form coaches in pristine condition, either origonal or redone to origonal specs. Seeing yours makes me almost want to start over on ours and make it new again. ( Note: ) I said ALMOST.Bob

jimmi davies

HEY!! What about those of us who like our Clippers DIRTY!! Disheveled and used looking is IN! Let's start that contest. I probably only want this because I'm pretty sure I'd win! HAHA! We owners up here in Washington get our rigs cleaned by mother nature all winter long! Why waste precious Summer time sunshine scrubbing and cleaning? It'll just get all dirty again anyways! Hey, mine is getting a bath as we speak!
Jimmi
'75 21 footer, rear kitchen PARTAY model with the mighty 360!

Andy Illes

Naahhh Jimmy..... you'd lose!!   If you look REAL close at BigRay's, he posed his innconent cute little son in front of a - gasp - mud speck!!  And just look at that messy dash.... which he claims is a reflection... yeah, right... snicker, snicker.  And he doesn't even have American Clipper decals.... sigh.

STILL think you're in the running????    HAH

jimmi davies

Geez! My stickers are gone too!! C'mon guys, I'm still in the running! Really, I know I've still got a chance! Behind my front bumper is a great big tranny fluid stain from the poorly installed cooler unit! I didn't even wipe it off after I fixed it! How do ya like them apples?! HAHA...HA! :lol: jimmi!