News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Torque for lugnuts

Started by JeffM, December 04, 2004, 06:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffM

I have a 1976 440 Clipper 21'. I need to know what to torque the lugnuts to on the back dual and front single wheels. The local tire dealer says 185 ft lbs on back dual wheels and 150 ft lbs on the front. I have seen other information that says 300 on the back and 160 on the front.  The tire dealer says 300 is too much for the bolts on the back dual wheels. Does anyone know the answer to this?  (My torque wrench only goes up to 250 ft lbs.)
Jeff Milligan
ACCOC #3632
milligan50@msn.com

AndyIlles

Hiyya Jeff....

Dug oiut my owners' manual.  It sez 400-500 for the small inner nuts on the dualies..... 450-500 for the front and large outer dualie ones.