News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

New Here from Pennsylvania

Started by nadelma, March 07, 2004, 10:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nadelma

Is everyone here from the west, I live in Pennsylvania and never see any posts from the east coast.
We just bought a 78, 440 rear kitchen. We are remodeling the inside as everything is original and has a musty odor.
It is in great shape for being so old.
I tried to start the refrigerator yesterday and it wouldn't start, any suggestions?  

handyman

Hi and wellcome yes there are a lot of clippers back east but the reason theres so many out here is they were all made here  as for the refer you might have to bleed out the air in the lines the best way Iv found is turn it on gas and have someone hold the gas plunger while I use a propane light on the flame tube sometimes it takes a min or two to get going after that it should light right up you might have the same problem with the water heater if it's been shut down a long time  

AndyIlles

Nadelma....

So. Fla. here, and someone said there's another Clip down around here somewhere, and I think there's one around Atlanta too.

Be patient with the fridge... like Jim said, just takes time to bleed the air out before your gas gets in there and lights up.

Re: the musty smell.... do you have access to an ozone generator?

bigray

Nadelma,

There is a member roster in the new member package you receive upon becoming a member. It list the members by state. I strongly suggest becoming a member.

I'm in Houston, Texas and there are 6 or 7 owners in Texas.

Happy Clippering.

John Mey

A musty smell? Thats the smell of true character!      happy cippering!

Tyler Hoodenpyle

I must say, I too am fond of the musty smell!  Just knock down the visible mold with some vinegar/water, set one of those desicant moisture absorbers like Dri-Z-Air and spray some Febreeze.  Sounds like the upholstery may be too rotten to save, call me strange but I like the original patterns!    
I didn't see any members from  Pennsylvania but there is one in Massachusetts, one in North Carolina, Ohio and Indiana. Welcome aboard!

Tyler
ACOC #3441

<George from N.J.>

Have a 21 will be registered soon!