News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

New Owner

Started by CanadianClipper, August 18, 2002, 07:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanadianClipper

OK jumped in both feet, bought a 1976 clipper model 820f with a 440 on a dodge chassis, Nervous...what have I gotten myself into ? I made the decision because of this site and the information about these cute coaches. I am a little handy with tools and probably will do ok as I have gotten my hands greasy with MOPAR before and hey....everything is simple like it was back in say 1976.

This unit needs some cleaning but the guy before me was handy and maintained it in good running order. It came across to canada via Sault. St. Marie a fellow from Desbarat owned it. It originally came from Pinellas R.V center Florida. I noted some bill from a Mr. Rettie in 1984 an a mr. Dwyer in 1987. All the booklets are included for every conceivable part...with the Service manual for the 1976 dodge one ton. It has 76,000 miles and I paid 5700. Canadian....I think I got a good deal. Time will tell and I am hoping the frustration factor is not so hi as to be discouraging. I do have kids to feed. I am sending my 20 dollars for membership soon.

From the great white north greetings.
Canadian Clipper

Mitch and kidlets !

Horst

You'll have to some some fixing, but you would with any coach of this vintage.
The difference is a Clipper typically requires much less fixing because it was the best made Class C coach of its era, and as you noted, has an extensive network of resouces thorough the ACOC. Once you make a fix, it lasts much longer than on a typical 70's aluminum sided coach.
Additionally, you'll not find better floorplans in any 70s Class C that is less than 21 feet long (the Clipper is actually 20 feet 6 inches - but we call them 21 footers.)
Money well spent.
Welcome to the Club!
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

CanadianClipper

Thanks, H" Take possession on friday, Planning first trip on the long week-end in September. We are going to Manitoulin Island (largest fresh water Island in North America)and I hope to park and drive for three nights. Should be able to post pictures.

I toured your site and enjoyed your to-do list. I think the carburator may be a big to-do for my Canadian Clipper. I purchased some aditives for the engine to see if i can get the carburator gummed out. Zmax is the brand sort of like a slick50. Bought some Meguiars oxidation remover and Star brite teflon marine polish....so my time off will be rub a rub a rub...The previous owner was obsessive about keeping all the lights and gadgets working so I am so pleased. He used it as a moose hunting rig however and ....the coach needs a good cleaning...oil on the panelling, rugs washed windows washed. No barf however, my kids will most likely supply that stuff.

Thanks for the feedback. BTW 20 Canadian is like 30 American so I should send my registration amount in US funds UH !(eh is what I would have said but .....we do not want to stereotype our poor beaver, beer drinking cousins in the north)

The Canadian Clipper
Mitch