News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

On the road !

Started by CanadianClipper, August 23, 2002, 08:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanadianClipper

Well my southern friends It's in the yard. I drove it 50 miles today and the gas thing is scary. The previous owner said the only thing wrong with it was the carburator. It idled in the yard thick black smoke cough cough coug sputter. Off came the dog house and I noticed that the idle screws were all the way out. Ummmmmmmmm tighten them right back went for a ride no black smoke but the idle was way to slow. The mechanic across the street says open 1 and a half turns. Idles just a little to fast but huums...so I am going to turn them in a half and I think that will do the trick. I gave it some zmax for the fuel system and she is now full of high grade. I suspect the tank was full of old gas, gumming and poor adjustments explain the grrrrrrrrr sputter sputter. I also used some liquid wrench to clean the automatic choke and get the tar out of the butterflies. I am hoping this will fix it some if not I buy another one at Canadian Tire ( I don't know the equivalent store in the US, sort of like a Walmart but just for men) The previous guy only used once a year if that much so the fuel may be 2 years old. I have to give him credit for his keeping it mechanically fit even the little fans in the air vents work. One was screaming but some w40 fixed that quick.MY ACOC number is 1037 does this mean it was that number made ? I suspect I will be happy with it it handles nice enough at 55 miles per but I really would rather not take it up any higher than 65 thank you, I is a big heavy freakin machine. The biggest job will be deoxidizing the fiberglass and general clean up. I hope ! gulp. Anyway nice to know you people are here go visit my site at

http://cndclipper.topcities.com/ I will be posting pictures of 1037 soon. If you like fish have a look should make you droool !