News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

1st time Clipper owner needs manual & advise

Started by Lona Christensen, January 26, 2018, 01:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lona Christensen

Hi Clipper Lovers,
  We are so excited about our "new" 1980 rear kitchen Chevy Van 30 Clipper. It is AMAZING what great shape it is it. We are in Central California so the milder weather helped and it was keep covered.  Would you know where we can get a manual?  I have Goggling for hours.  Also, how does the awning get lowered?  We will probably need a new refrigerator but have not gotten that far yet.  Thanks for any help. Tom and Lona

Toedtoes

Welcome and congratulations!

There is no manual for the RV itself. There are manuals for the individual components (fridge, stove, etc.). Google on the individual component and you should find some.

Not sure on the awning - I don't have one. I'm sure someone with one will provide instructions.

As for the fridge, RV fridges are expensive. Many folks put in residential fridges instead - but you have to have enough battery power to handle the load plus a generator or hookups to recharge the battery regularly.

My fridge went out when I first got the clipper. It ended up that it just needed a new thermocouple. That was about $20 and I put it in myself. So, you might check for that first.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

jolene

Hi Lona..Congratulations on your Clipper..I have a 78 Dodge and my sister does also.. We are fairly
new too and so excited..We have done some cleaning and decorating but haven't went camping yet.
We are both in western Okla but joined the ACOC and love to read and enjoy the many post.
  I too was looking for a manuel and found there is no manuel...I did get a manuel for the Dodge
440 engine.  I am also looking for a Chevy Clipper for my brother in law and they are hard to find.
If you could send me pics of yours on inside and out...I would be glad to show pics of what we have
done to ours...It is a learning experience and we are learning as we go how things work..This is a
great forum to get lots of ideas, and ask questions as many on here are experts..  Anyway glad to
welcome you and happy trails and safe travels to you...jolene