News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

For the adventurists

Started by Sfine, August 15, 2015, 07:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sfine

this September 12, 2015... Is the 9th annual  Hermitfest, held at no other than Hermit Valley campground on HWY 4.  8,730 ft elevation! In celebration of HWY 4 becoming a scenic byway, one of only 7 others in the entire USA!  Has nothing to do with "Hermits"!
It is a free day of music, all day.  Many stay and camp, most of the entertainers stay and play music around the campfire after the day is over.
There are food vendors, a few. The campsites are dry..no public water, one pit toilet, no elect.  But it's also free and real pretty. Other more private campsites are not far away.
In fair warning, HWY 4 is steep and windy in just a few places, narrow too, but totally doable in a Clipper, just go slow, in low gear at those points.  We've made the trip four times without a hitch. Anyone  and everyone is welcome, if you haven't explored HWY4, it's beauty and its campsites, this is your chance.
I believe there is a website, not to be confused with the hermit music fest in Washington, I think.
It's in alpine county, on highway 4, past bear valley ski resort, past lake Alpine, mosquito lakes, and over the summit.  Allow extra travel time to enjoy the spectacular vistas.
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Toedtoes

Sounds like a lot of fun!  Since my clipper just made it to 8375 ft elevation and back without issue, I'm sure he could make it to Hermit Valley and back.  Unfortunately, I am working that weekend. :(

I just looked up the campground.  It says it is between the Pacific Grade Summit (8,050 ft) and Ebbetts Pass (8,730 ft) and that it's elevation is 7,100 ft.  To attend the Hermitfest, do you actually have to traverse Ebbetts Pass?  Or just the Pacific Grade Summit?  Might be a bit less daunting to folks if they only had to make it to 8,050 ft. :)
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754