News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Hello- Seeking Clipper

Started by GypsyDogs, April 10, 2015, 02:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GypsyDogs

I don't actually have a Clipper yet
I guess I should have introduced myself first, but maybe not-

I am working on starting a business.  Traveling around the NorthWest of the US, with my 2 dogs, teaching training (of dogs) and promoting Positive Reinforcement.  www.gypsydogs.org  or www.facebook.com/gypsydogs   And to effectively do this I need a compact, sturdy, AFFORDABLE, means of transport/living.  No trailer (too difficult to maneuver in unfamiliar residential neighborhoods) and my truck is not camper friendly.  This leaves small motorhomes.  After wandering CraigsList, I have come to the conclusion that most in my price range are beat to heck and only worth about scrap.  There are some real gems out there, but?  then a guy in our neighborhood put a for sale sign on his Clipper.. I looked at it.  And after discussing with ToedToes- decided that considering it is none of the 3 needed things (RoadWorthy, CampReady, or CaredFor) it is way overpriced at his asking $2k for it.  It has sat for most of its life, it looks oh so sad.. needs a lot of mechanical and elbow grease and work.  It would not be a viable option for me..  But if someone is interested in a project with 22,000 miles on it odo.. I can put you in touch with the guy. I also have a couple/3 pics.

I am seeking one that is reasonably somewhere in at least 2 of the 3 needed categories (Road/Camp/Cared).  I don't mind regular wear/tear or cosmetic, I can handle those, and I have an affinity for older vehicles and machines in general.  I just cannot afford to put thousands into something that I cannot use. Not right out of the gate..  Too much to try to start a business and rebuild an RV and print money.. lol

Anybody in the Oregon neck of the woods wish to retire a lovingly used Clipper to a Great cause for not tooo much money?

Thank you to all who look and consider and spread the word.
Anna