News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

First Trip!!!!

Started by ShellbusterKoP, February 23, 2015, 08:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShellbusterKoP

Hi all just wanted to drop in and say hello. I purchased my clipper "Freda" January of this year and have been working on it. But took it out this weekend for the first trial run with a few friends in Southern Utah. And she worked like a champ, this is a great forum with lots of help. Thanks and have fun out there. https://www.dropbox.com/sc/qcuadd2lfdtst86/AAAbNe9MdDSvvN1deSNIWvoPa
ShellbusterKoP  ACOC #3791
'78 American Clipper Dodge 440 821F-1-T

Sfine

Ahhhh that's great!
Welcome to the wonderful family of Clippers. You're now officially addicted.😮
Southern Utah is on our bucket list...see YA there.
Safe travels shellbuster
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Clipper Joe

Hello & Welcome,

Glad To Here, You Had A Nice First Trip. It Is Always Good To Hear ;D ;D

How Did Your Clipper Freda Handle Through The Mountains? I Saw Photo Nice Clipper, What Year Is That?
I See You Do Not Have A Gen-Set & Roof Air. Are You Planning On Adding These Options?
Also How Is Your Fridge, Toilet, Waste Tank Valves Etc.
The Reason Is This Web Site Is Very Helpful, With Any Questions, You May Have, So Feel Free To Ask When In Not Sure Of Anything :-\

Good Luck,
Joe & Denise
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

ShellbusterKoP

It is a 1978 (1977 Dodge Chassis) it climbs like a champ through the hills around here, I have yet to take it up to northern Utah for a real test in the mountains. It has the "swamp cooler" but I have not even tried it yet, and no gen set. I am not planning on upgrading those. But it pulls a enclosed trailer with three motorcycles with no issues. The people I bought it from took great care of it so all of the components, gas, fridge, holding tanks etc. worked great! It did have a roof leak from the TV antenna, but got that sealed up and will be replacing the headliner sometime in the future.
ShellbusterKoP  ACOC #3791
'78 American Clipper Dodge 440 821F-1-T