News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Towing Through CSAA ( AAA)

Started by Clipper Joe, December 17, 2014, 07:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Hi All,
Was @ AAA Today, And Was Informed That They Have Changed There Premier Membership.
From Paying $300.00 For Each Tow, It Now Tows 200 Miles, With No Price Limit.
They Will Send A Mechanic Or Service Truck Out First To Get You Running. ( Like Good SAMs Club Does.) If They Have To Tow, They Will Arrange The Proper Wrecker Size For The Tow. ;D

So It Has Been A Big Upgrade For Just Giving Flat Fee Of $ 300.00, When Tows Cost As Much As $700-$900.00. :-X

So Now No Need For Good SAMs Club.

So Feel Free To Contact You Local CSAA.

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Toedtoes

That is great news!  I guess they've figured out that a little extra towards the RVers will make them more competitive with Good Sam (which has its own problems). 

Looking at their terms of service on the website, the memberships are:

AAA Plus RV - up to 4 tows per year (or 12,000 miles) at no more than 100 miles;

AAA Premiere - 1 tow per year (or 12,000 miles) at no more than 200 miles and 3 tows per year (or 12,000 miles) at no more than 100 miles.

In addition, the TOS states:  o AAA Plus, AAA Plus RV and AAA Premier Members are eligible for ERS for up to two trucks without additional cost to the Member.

That appears to mean if you're towing something, you can get a truck for the clipper and a truck for the towed item without additional costs.

Yes!!!!
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

caninecaravan

It was AAA who showed up at the rally when the canineclipper had the problem with the tire. They knew it was a motor home, but the two truck driver had no clue as to what to do and didn't have any of the right things to put the tire back on. Thank G-d we had Mel with the pump to put air in all the tires. I think I'll still with Good Sam for the clipper and keep AAA for my cars.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

Toedtoes

I've heard extremely good things about Coach-net.  I think I am going to cancel my Good Sam and give Coach-net a try.  I was so not impressed with Good Sam, and while they made things right after the fact, it didn't help me when I was out on the road.  I'll spend the next few months searching for reviews on Coach-net, but so far they seem to be the most popular with the RV crowd.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hi Larry,
I Know At Gold Strike, Those AAA Road Guys, Did Not Know What To Do.
Most AAA Road Service Tech's Have What It Takes To Fix The Tire, & Have Air & Tools.

I Keep A 20 Ton Bottle Jack & The Wrench & Tire Bar Just In Case.

I Know There Is Not Alot Of Room In These Clippers, But We Can Always Depend On Clipper Owners To Pool There Resorts & Get Our Fellow Clipper Owners Up & Going.

This Is A Good Practice, I Always Check Tire Pressure, Each Trip Of 25 Miles & Above. & Have Wheels Torque Checked After Every Other Long Trip. Tire Shops Like American Tire Will Do It.

Have A Happy Holiday,
Joe 
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher