News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Cab Floor

Started by Clipper Joe, August 23, 2014, 07:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Hello All,
Just Removed All Carpets In Wilson Clipper,
Have to Remove Seats & Seat Bases, Used 13/16" Socket. Also Removed Seat Belt Lower Brackets.

Remove Side Carpet Trim Brackets on Each Side, Removed Carpets & Center Carpet.

Removed Old Pad, Cleaned Deck Area & Scraped Old Glue & Sanded Used Alcohol,Painted Deck White.

I Used Dynamat Extreme, Have To Buy Dyanamat Roller.
Layed Down Marked Out Cut To Size, Peel Back & Install, Roll Smooth.

Dynamat This Is For Heat & Sound Deader.

Then Cut Access Holes For Seat Belts & Bases.

Then I Used Cool tech Rf  As Carpet Pad, That Steve Fine Used.

Works Great, Have To Get New Carpets, So Loose Layed Old Carpet For Now, Have The Hard Job Done.

Should Take About 15 Minutes To Take Carpets When Ready, Should Work Great, Will  Update & Add Photos When Done.

This Project Took Most Of The Day.

Joe

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Clipper Joe

Hi All,
Just A Small Note, Went On A Dry Camping Trip.
And This Upgrade Made A Huge Difference, It Was Super Quite, Also Real Helped With Road & Heat.
Was A Great Investment. ;D

Have Not Done Carpets Yet, But Added Sound Foil Layer Under Old Carpets.
Just Waiting For The Best Color Match.
Wife Has Some Input On This, Maybe It Will Get Her Interested In RV'en Again ???

Joe 
ACOC#3749

Sfine

Hey Joe,
I'm about to embark on my final phase in the cab.as well.  Good to hear it keeps getting better, the heat and sound issue.
Taking out the seats for the installer who will do carpet and dog house next week, he's only charging me $375. For labor, I've already purchased carpet and the heat shield material which like yours , is waiting to get laid!!
I just switched my shocks with the Monroe gas RV. As you recommended. Nice simple improvement.
And, I Just learned that when I got smogged, they leaned out the carb in order to pass.  Now it stammers on high demand, so I learned getting it back on the rich side will remedy the problem, and it did!
Just these little things that make maintenance not so challenging or overwhelming, and the peace of mind when you turn the key knowing you'll get there and back.
Thanks for your input Joe
Steve
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Clipper Joe

Hi Steve,
Glad To Hear You Are Going To Get The Rest Of Your Cab Carpets & Sound Deading Done. ;)

I Have Not Got Carpets Done, But Got Dyanmat On Cab Floor & Put The DEI Foil Instalator Down Under Old Carpets, I Had My Doghouse Re-Done & Added A Large Pocket In Front, You Had A Great Idea On That. I Put My Stuff & Maps In It. Wish I Would Of Added A Small Pocket On Passenger Side To Hold Sun Glasses. It Has Made A Big Difference With The Heat & Noise. But The Trip Up To Running Deer Was A Real Fiasco. Will Tell About It Later,  Have Made Some  Changes Since  We Were  Dry Camping, To Wilson. I Installed High Output Fuel Pump, Changed Both Fuel Filters, Done A Complete Front Brake Job, New Hoses, Calibers,New High Perforance Brake Pads, & New Master Cylinder.
Steve One Note: I Had A Hard Time Finding A New Master Clyinder For My 1977, They See To Have Plenty Of Rebuilt. You May Want To Pick Up A Spare If You Find A Good Brand, Like  Raybestes Or Delco, Or Mopar. I Will Try & Find A Kit To Rebuild Mind I Take Off Wilson For A Back-Up. ???

I Still Have The Monroe Shocks I Took Off, I Went With Bilstiens All Front & Rear, They Seem To Work Pretty Good Also. They Were A Little Costly Though. 

Steve Having Them Smog These Old Dodges, They Have To Do That For Them To Meet California's Smog II Laws, When I Meet You Lets Bring Up The Smog Deal, Can Explain Something That Will Help.
Did You Check Your Timing, They May Have Retarded It A Little If The Leaned Out Carb., When You Have Doghouse Off, Its Easy To Check, On Back Of Engine @ Top Of Bell Housing, There Is A Hole To Check Timing, Should Be In California, It Is 8 Degrees BTC @ 700 Basic Idle Speed.
Hope They Did Not Touch Distributor.

Are You Going To Oct. Rally? I Hope I Get All Projests Done, Will Try For Fri. & Sat.

Take Care,
Joe

ACOC#3749