News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

First Trip TO Vegas..

Started by Rd Ready, July 09, 2014, 05:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rd Ready

8) Chillin in Vegas.. Just Got Here.. Webster ran Ruff, But He made it.. Anybody know a Good Mechanic, need to get him Checked..
    I can't believe We Made it.. Although I took Him to a Guy to get checked.. Before I left Calif ,  My Power steering fluid was Dry in Barstow. And I told him to Check all Fluids. oh well, everything seems to work so Far.. the Noise Comes and Goes, If I was to Describe it, a Loose fan belt or a Bearing needs to be lubed. if I was to guess I would say A water pump, But the water temp stays the same. as well as all Gauges. I just don't know. but its Annoying. any way. I filled up three times on the way.. and everything else worked great.. And it was the Middle of the day in Mojave. How awesome is that.. If he can Make it through that.. He can Make it to Miss. oh and Bonus, My fridge still works.. and could someone please tell me where the Tranny Fluid dipstick Is.. Can't find it nowhere, boy do I feel Stupid. Vegas Is still the City of Sin.. nothings Changed. Can't wait to leave Here. will keep you All Posted.

Clipper Joe

Hi Rd Ready,
Glad You Made It Safe To Vegas, & Webster Your Clipper Performed, They Were Well Built Rv's. :)

1.) The Transmission Dip Stick Is On Right Side Of Transmission, You Have To Remove The Engine Hood, Also Know As The ' Doghouse ' Inside Cab Area. They Made 2 Types Of Dip Sticks, One Is Hooked Up To Low Trans Oil Level & Is Plastic With Sensor On Lower Of Dip Stick It Has 2 Wires On Top. Second The Other Type Is A Metal One Like All Early Cars & Trucks Have, It Is Located Front Right Side Of TransMission. @ Top... :o

2.) You Stated Hearing A Noise, Do You Have A Single Or Dual Pulley On Power Steering Pump?
When You Have It Checked, You Want To Make Sure Belt Or Belts Are In Good Shape Also Check Pulleys For Wear Too. Also Make Them Tight Per Specs. If You Have A Extra Slot On Main Harmonic Pulley, Thats The One On Crank Shaft, I Would Go With A Double Pulley On Power Steering Pump, There Is A Post On ACOC Web Site, It Is Made By Dorman, Some Early Ford 1 Ton Vans Used Same
One.

3.) If Your Power Steering Pump Is Low Again I Would Replace It At O'reillys Auto, & Install New Pulley If You Have The Extra One @ Bottom At Same Time, Also Make Sure You Have The Grade 8 Bolt To Hold Pump On They Sell Them Or You Can Get It From ACOC Supply Officer When You Get Back..

Well Good Luck On Your Trip & Be Safe, Remember You Have A Lot Of Weight Going Down The Road, Check Brakes, Tire Pressure & Conditions Etc..

Joe

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Rd Ready

Clipper Joe < thank you for all the Experience and advice.. I appreciate it. I will Follow to a T. So Glad He Made it.. And I still Have so Much More to Go.. I sure hope I can Eventually Get Back to Calif.. would love to Come to a Rally & meet everyone !  Anyway thank you for the info.. So Happy to be Here..

Sfine

Wow, I'm impressed. Vegas in July!  Not this kid...I try to avoid heat whenever physically possible!
  I do think our Clipper would turn into a toaster in those conditions...still impressed, good job RD.
How was the engine heat from inside the drivers cab? If you've got that part handled, I'd agree...on to ole Miss. 
Funny you never know where a sound can originate from..I have/ had a knocking when we hit a ruff road or something...sounds like a loose front shock, turns out just a loose bolt on the pull out step. I love those kinds of problems, easy fixed.
Joe is right, although these rigs are 30+ years old, if taken care of, very trustworthy from my limited experience .  The little info that I can share is to be patient and stay in the slow lane :o, 55-60 max. I understand hoses and belts might be an issue if they haven't been replaced recently. Also it helps the gas consumption ...a little  ;D
Enjoy your journey, keep us posted, be well
Steve
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Rd Ready

Sfine, thank you sir For the Help.. I had no Choice,  I wanted to Come Home. I couldn't Spend Another minute in Calif. I feel Something bad is About to Happen there.. and I hate the Price of everything. not to Mention the People, Omg. More liberal's in one place then maggot's on a turd. lol Now  on to answer you post. it was very Hot Going through Death Valley. My Dog hated it, as well as us. And I'm sure Webster, (the Clipper ) didn't Appreciate it. I try to avoid the heat to.. thank you for the Good job, but it was all the Clipper, All I did was Sit and watch and listen.. Engine heat inside the Cab was Bearable. Didn't Get to bad Actually. will stay in the slow lane thank's . I am heading to Camping world Tomorrow Before I actually Get on the road, I went out to Check on the Clipper & noticed the Pumpkin was Leaking, Now it Could be Cause, they just Filled it before I left, But I don't know. I am Hoping for the Best.. Camping world isn't far from Here. I would like them to Replace all My House's And Belt's .They are 7 years old and have been Sitting. Imagine that.. if your a Believer I could use some Prayer's , thank you.. talk at ya Soon.. I shall keep you posted.. Peace.