News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Awning

Started by Clipper Joe, April 10, 2014, 11:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Hello All,

Wanted To Ask Any Other Clipper Owners Out In
Clipper Land.
If Anyone Has Come Across A Replacement Awning Fabric
In A American Flag Design? Red, White & Blue.

My Awning Is Now A Red & White Stripe, Has A Few Small Ware Holes That I Have Re-Sealed, Was Thinking Of Redoing Material.
Please Let Me Know If You Have Ever Seen One & Possible Link.

Thanks So Much,

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Sfine

Hey joe, I just saw a company that does just that, flags on awnings, or anything for that matter.
Check out.    funintheshade.com

Photos and all, nice site.
Steve
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Clipper Joe

Thanks Steve,
I Have Seen That Site, Looks Good, But Want To Do A few Thinks First, Like Front End Work, & Cab Carpets. My Awnings Is Ok But Looks Like A Candy Cane. Great For Christmas Huh. ;)
Will Be At Rally, Sent Check, Coming Up Friday & Saturday, Going To Stop At Bass Pro Shop First. It's On The Way.

Take Care & Thanks,
Joe
ACOC#3749

Rd Ready

No but I do have a question regarding the Awning.. How the heck do I bring it down as if I wanted shade.. lol I have no Clothe but I need to Light my water Heater. this winter.. :)

Clipper Joe

Hi Rd Ready,
Can You Snap & Upload A Photo Of Your Awning, Mine Is A A&E Capri II, It Is  All In One Unit, That Means The Side Arms Are Locked With End Awning Itself.
1.) I Unlock Arms, Pull Down Side Arm Supports Lock On Lower Brackets, Then Pull Down Spring Loaded Awning. Mine Is About 12 Foot Wide.

If I Can See Photo, Will Be Abe To Help You On This ;)

Joe

ACOC#3749

Clipper Joe

Hey Rd Ready,

Forgot To Add About Water Heater, My Bad, :-\
You Want To Open Small Door Below Oven/Rang, Make Sure You Are Not Storing Any Thing That My Burn Or Blow Up.
Then Make Sure You Have A Clean Area Around Pilot & Thermo Coupler, Then, Make Sure LPG Is On & No Air In Lines, I Always Light One Stove Burner, To Purge LPG System. Make Sure Oven Knob Is Set To >> Pilot OFF  :-[

Then Turn Red Knob On Water Heater Control Unit To Pilot, Push Down Us Long Match Or BBQ Lighter While Holding Down, Light Pilot, When A Few Minutes Pass & Thermo Coupler Is Warm, Release Red Knob & Set To On Position. Note: Turn Temp Selector To Mid Setting, After Warming, Set To How Hot You Need It. ;)

That's It, If It Will Not Stay Lit, Pilot, May Have Bad Thermo Coupler, $15.00-$20.00 Part.  I Always Keep A Spare One.

****  By The Way What Is The Make Of Your Water Heater??? **** I Think It Is 6 Gallons...

Hope This Helps,

Joe 
ACOC#3749

Rd Ready

ok thanks guys.. I just realized I have  a Hole somewhere. I got invaded by a bug. just now while typing this.. I think He came in through the Vent by the Drivers door. So hate that.. I need to seal this off before winter.. does this Help Clipperjoe. ? I hope.

Clipper Joe

Hi Rd Ready,

Photo, Helps My Awning The Arms Are Stored Inside Unit, Yours Are On The Sides.
Remember, The Fabric Is Replaceable On These Unit,
Note: You Have To Be Carefull The Top Roller Is Spring Loaded, So Use Caution When Ever Working On Awnings.
Looks Like You Have An A&E Awning, I Think You Have To Take Off Clips , There May Have  A Push Pin, On Side Supports, & Pull Unit Down, See If There Is Any Locks On Top Ends, Should Have A Small Strap In Middle, To Put Hook & Pull Down & Raise Side Arms & Use Lock Straight Pin & Lock In Place. ;D

Make Sure You Raise High Enough To Cear Entry Door If It Is Over It... ???

Joe
ACOC#3749

Rd Ready

Ok thank you, Right now I'm in the middle of taking off My Alternator Bracket.. It broke and I have to Fix it or find a New one somewhere I opt to Fix.. welding..  ;D but I took a break from that,  to prioritize , Along with that Today I tightened My truck Alternator Belt and Had to take my starter to be Fixed.. On the truck Not Webster.. Back to Webster. I am waiting for the weather to Dry up so I can jack up Webster and get at the Alternator..  :D Via Passenger Tire removal.. then I have to Light my water Heater. I hope that still works and I don't have to Replace it..  :( also I am trying to figure out if I need to make Preparations to protect roof from Hail storms. .any ideas.. I'm thinking 1/2 inch or even 1/4 inch Plywood just laid over the roof During the hail storm .. I'm worried the hail might puncture the roof. what do you think ?  it gets Pretty brutal Here.. Also day before yesterday..it rained And one of my widows started Leaking.. the one directly behind the Driver.. the Big one with the Lover.. I'm not sure where its getting in at.. But I put some seal around the inside frame and it stopped.. it may be time for the outside seal to be replaced..  :-\  Your description will Help me a bit for the awning. thank you.. I will work on that next. Prolly this weekend. I appreciate your Hlp sir. thanks Clipper Joe.       

Clipper Joe

Hi Rd Ready,
That Would Be A Good Idea, To Put A 1/4" Plywood On Top, I Would Get A Cheapie 10' x 20' Blue Tarp To Put On Top Of Plywood. You Can Put Rope In Grommets & Tie Down Tarp & Plywood.
Do You Have Covers Over You 2 ea. 14" Vents?
They Are About $. 20.00 @ Walmart, Easy To Attach Then You Can Open Up & Get Some Air & Rain Will Not Get In.

One More Thing, On Alternator Bracket, Try & Find Replacement, Welding Is Not A Good Fix. Also Remember The Long Bolt For Alternator Is A Heavy Duty Grade 8 The Top Of The Hex Bolt Has 6 Hash Marks On Top, Any Parts Or Hardware Store, If You Can't Get One Mel The ACOC Supply Officer Has Them. ;)

On Water Heater, You Should Light It Off, Make Sure Water In On, that Way You'll Know That It's Working Befoe Winter.

One Other Thing, You Stated You Took A Shower In Webster, Was It A Cold Shower? Ha Ha :P

Take Care, If You Have Trouble With Water Heater, Give A Shout?

Joe
ACOC#3749