News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

What Would You Change?

Started by Toedtoes, April 01, 2014, 08:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toedtoes

On another forum, someone asked about renting an RV for a vacation.  In the course of the discussion, a floor plan was posted.  So, I started looking at various floor plans and thinking "if I could change anything about my clipper's floor plan, what would it be?

For me, there isn't anything.  I do think it would be nice to have the dinette closer to the kitchen (thereby using the table as additional counter space when cooking), however, I wouldn't want to change any other part of the layout in order to get that change.

Of course, there could always be more storage, but I can't see anything that would increase storage without taking away from the perfection of the layout.

So how about you?  Any changes you'd like to do/see?
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hello,
I Have Made A Few Major Changes From Stock Layout.

1.) Removed The Rear Kitchen Sink Cabinet, Reinstalled New Oak & Installed 4 Large Draws Instead Of All Them Small Draws, Made A Larger Access Door With Lock Under Range,  Also Added Locks To Each Draws, The Small Orig. Others Kept Popping Out.

2.) Removed The Right Side 2ea. Swivel Chairs & Center Table & Added Another Slide Out Bed Area. Now You Can Make Up Left & Right Bunks To Make A KING  Size One, As We Get Older It Is Harder To Climb Into Over Cab Bunk. My Problem With The Limited Storage In Clipper, Have To Use Top Bunk For Misc. Storage, Like Sleeping Bags, Electric Lanterns Etc.

3.) Adding New Fridge & Turning The Top Of Fridge Cabinet Into Microwave Unit. & Small Storage Space. Note: To Install New Style Fridges, You Have To Raise Shelf A Few Inches Higher.

4.) Added Pull-Out Shelves To Wardrobe & Pantry Cabinets. It Has Ease Access To Stocking Supplies. & Clothing.

5.) New Swift-Lock Laminate Tile Look Floor, In House Area. 

6.) Adding Flat Screen & Surround Sound System, & Built In DVD System.

What I Have Found By Doing All These Upgrades Is.
The American Clippers Were Built For General RVing.
What Makes You  Happy With The Way You Have Your Clipper Set-Up Is How You Should Have It.

Most Of The Changes We Have Made Is For Safety, & To Update To A More Modern Unit. Don't Get Me Wrong I Love Seeing A 100 % Restored Orig. One. No Matter What Year It Is.   :D :D

Like Horst Said To See A Rare Clipper 24' In The Shape It Has Been Kept, is A Shame :-[,
If I Had A Way & Space To Get It Down Here. I Would Like To Revive It..

Hope To Share Other Input On This, & If You ACOC Members Like Info On Any Of The Upgrades, Feel Free To Ask :)

Joe & Denise
ACOC#3749
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Toedtoes

While you've made changes to the functional use of various items (like switching out small drawers for the 4 large ones), you haven't really changed the floor plan at all.

And it you had gotten an 821F instead of the 821FC, you wouldn't have had to change the chair out.

So, you seem to be happy with the floor plan after all.  ;)
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754