News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Dry Camping

Started by Toedtoes, September 28, 2013, 10:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toedtoes

I've noticed that the club as an entity does full-hookup rallies which makes sense.  But, I'm really a dry camping kind of person.

My preference has been national forest campgrounds.  I like their basic amenities - potable water faucets around the campground, vault toilets at minimum, flush if you're lucky.  I love that they tend to be dog friendly.  And their rates are easily affordable.

I like taking the dogs on a hike, toting my camera gear along for that perfect shot.  I like the natural settings - the trees, the underbrush, the trails, the flora and fauna.  I like the peace and quiet.  I like the sounds of kids enjoying the world.  I even like the sounds that float in from another campsite of folks having a good time by the campfire.  OK, I can skip the sounds of the drunk guy puking his guts out - but that only happened once and it was a peak season weekend.

So how about everyone else?  Are you a full-hookup camper or a dry camper?  Maybe a boondocker?  I haven't boondocked before, but I might consider it in the future.  Any specifics that you love or hate about one or the other?
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754