News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

1977 Dodge Clipper Stripe Color Code or Name

Started by Clipper Joe, May 31, 2013, 10:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Hello,

I do not have any old clipper info on paint, I read the White color for coach by JerryT, sure did a great job on dome project.Looked so nice...

Looking for the Brown & Orange Codes for new Paint DuPont or PPG for Side Stripes,
Going to Repaint Cab & Stripes.

Also, Remember while all the hard work we put into these great Clippers that " it's not impossible Just may take a little longer."

Thanks in advance,
Joe & Denise
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Toedtoes

The only thing I've seen here is this old post:  http://americanclipperownersclub.com/techforum/index.php?topic=976.msg4429#msg4429

They were talking Krylon paint.  The brown is supposed to be a pretty close match.  You might be able to pick up a can and take it in to get a match in "real" paint.

Doesn't seem that anyone has really matched the orange.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

caninecaravan

One of the members of the Bay area clippers took the hood into the paint store and they were able to match exactly. My guy at Terry's RV in Stockton, just repainted mine and it matches the original color. Check it out with him Ask for Steve. By the way, it looks great. CanineCaravan.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

Clipper Joe

Hi Caninecaravan,
I called the shop, Steve was off today,will try tomorrow.
Larry, do you have a photo of your painted coach?
I guess the Orange color code is the hard one to get, also seems that there are many shades of white cab color ie; Polar white, Ivory white, Icecream white. Now for Brown color, the one that Terrys RV has from PPG is "Very Dark Red Brown" I will try & fine my friend that was a painter in the 70s he may still have old code & paint chips from Nason, DuPont & PPG Distlers.
Back then it was a 1 Stage paint, now most shops use 2 stage & Clear coat.

Will keep everyone updated what I find out, Also if any Clipper owners have Orig Doc on paint please Post?

Thanks so much,
Great Forum.........
Regards,

Joe & Denise
ACOC#3749

Clipper Joe

Hello,

Found Info From A Old Paint Guy He Gave Me This Link For Information Only..

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/chipdisplay.cgi?year=1977&manuf=Chrysler&smodel=Motor Home&info=&page=1

I Took My Fridge Door To A Old Auto Paint Shop By My House, I Got A Few Colors That Matched My Door, My Paint A Little Faded.

Cab White Color = Polar White Chrysler Code:=DT 1499 ** Ditzler PPG Code= 8860

Brown Stripe Color =Medium Brown Ditzler PPG Code= 23008

Orange Stripe Color = Topical Orange Ditzler PPG Code=60950 Also Found This On A Chip Spitefire Orange Ditzler PPG Code= 2858

Remember, Unless You Are Orig. Owners Of Your Clippers, Do To Age, Polishing, Fading This My Not Apply To Your Rig, So Do A Good Color Match By The Person That Will Paint Your Unit.
I Know Canine-Caravan Was very Happy With His Paint Guy.

Hope This Info Helps.
Joe
ACOC#3749

Toedtoes

'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754