News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Better late than never!

Started by Panel Pete, May 28, 2013, 12:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panel Pete

Hello everyone out there in Clipper land! I figured it was time that I stopped lurking and stepped out of the shadows to introduce myself. My name's Pete and I'm the proud owner of a 1977 Clipper model 821 FC. I traded a good running 440 for her in early 2011 and have been working on/using her ever since. In case your curious about the trade, a friend of mine had acquired her for the sole purpose of using her 440 to re-power his 1960 Dodge Dart! After seeing her and realizing the she had PLENTY of life left in her an offer was made and a deal struck - he got a good 440 (steel crank, six pack rods, forged pistons, rebuilt heads with hardened seats installed, etc...) I had but wasn't using for his car without the effort of pulling an engine or disposing of the rest of the rig and my family and I are now owners of a Classic RV!

The old girl is in great shape mechanically speaking (no major issues with the driveline) but does need some help cosmetically both inside and out. She came with on helluva detailed service log, receipts for maintenance and repairs from the first three owners, ALL the newsletters from the inception of the organization until the late 90's, as well as all owners manuals and literature for the appliances and installed improvements. I'll be on here looking for ideas, asking questions and looking for advice in regards to repairs and modifications as well as sharing what needs to be done and what I have completed as progress is made on the old girl.

See Y'all in the forums,
Pete   
440 powered 77' Clipper, model 821FC

Nothing is fool proof to a talented fool.......

Toedtoes

Congrats!  I was lucky also in that the work needed on my clipper was just age-related maintenance.  I've always had good luck with Dodge (family thing) and when I found an RV with a Dodge chassis, I jumped.   Sounds like you and your friend got a great deal.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754