News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

It's Summer Time Wake up Everyone!

Started by USNRetired, July 14, 2012, 11:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USNRetired

Just looking through the website and it's the internet version of a ghost town!  Where the H is everyone?

WAKE UP!
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

prophetdaniel2

Yawn...(stretches mightily, rubbes eyes) time to sail! I took the family out overnight to a nearby state park. Had fun. Bessie ran great, but after one startup started an annoying high pitched whistling sound from inside the dog house.... I'm thinking it's a vacuum leak...?  No problem running though..

USNRetired

Possibly a vacuum leak or it's that old ground hog who  thought he was in a ground hog house.  snort snort snort!!  :-)

Glad to see someone else awake.... I thinkJohn got water on the brain up there in Oregon....  after all those years in Southern California, he's probably water logged or something... ha ha ha ha!!

Been going out to the Harbor here in Oceanside all Fall, Winter and Spring.  Can dry camp out there 5 days free and out 30 days back in 5 days free again ...  Beautiful view of the Harbor on one side and the Pacific on the other... Take my chair, ice chest with bait, tackle box - rod & reel and can fish all day just enjoying life!  Wife has finally learned how to relax and read a book instead of trying to sweep the dirt and keep the RV squeeky clean while we are out there.  Plenty of time to clean the Clipper when we come back home.

Anyone else out there awake and been out camping?
ACOC #3714

Mac

Hey Jim, every 10 days I or we head out locally. My body requires it otherwise I turn into a vegetable. I'll be doing some gold panning this week. I won't get no gold but I'll enjoy just sitting in a chair under a pine tree rather than cleaning peoples nasty carpets all day. Once I get the clipper smogged we will be ready to go north gain for some of that beach camping. The other motorhome is stored at the campsite in the eastern mountains. Just had a brand new toilet installed, can't wait to get up there & try it out! supposed to be 3" higher too, really looking forward to that.

pilotdiana

I'm still out here, but "Red Neckin It" has been on the driveway for many months.  I had a fuel leak from the small hose going to the carburator - got that fixed for a whole 50 cents, but a life saved!  Next some catchy thing make the engine rev and runaway - got that fixed for $50.  Took her down and got her smoged so ready for the road.  It was the other $850 they took me for that gets me ticked.  They went through the refrigerator and she's still the original purring like a kitten, can't believe you can keep frozen food in there so that was worth it.  Supposedly they worked on my wiring and lights, but came home with no repair to the lights at all.  Mel sent me new light panel for the rear so I will go back and see if they can make them work.  I have one bulb out I think.  Man did I get taken.  They also had my RV for two months.  Crazy!  I really don't want to go back there so may just eat it and tell everyone never to go to Farace Auto in Huntington Beach.

USNRetired

Mac, I hear you about needing to get out now and then.  Let me know how the gold panning went!  I've always wanted to try that.  As for the metal detector, I'll get the make and model number on mine, but what we did was find one that had good writeups online and was priced mid-range.  It's a decent detector but didn't cost a fortune. 

I need to install a new toilet on my clipper and when I do that, I plan on removing the sink in the bathroom and cabinet under the sink.  This will give Marina and me a little more space in the bathroom.  Want to get a new shower curtain setup, one of those that loops out with the curtain still inside so water doesn't go all over the place, but there is room to shower!  If I weight 130 lbs, maybe the existing design would work - but I don't! ha!
ACOC #3714

John Eversoll

What you don't have that skinny figure you did when you were 19....LOL
I would love to take that sink out but then I need to reinstall a sink...
But they are not easy to find that size... and if you do find one it is in No better condition than the one you want to remove...

It has been a while since I was here and I am sorry for that... Just thought that I would give you guys a Break..  Ha ha ha ha
Just been busy splitting wood for the winter..  plus making a nature trail on the nine acres that we have..
Have not even touched the rig this year ...So much to do and now the temp has dropped  ...   Tonight it is
42 degrees  last night it was 36...  I just keep waiting for the white stuff to drop...  You guys take care and have a great winter...
John