News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Terminites

Started by Mac, August 28, 2011, 10:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

I had my stuff closed up for almost 3 weeks now. The great depresssion made me cancel my bi-monthly camping trip.

Came in to use the A/C & get away from my wife, the heat & clean weapons.

I go wings & things like crazy! terminite poop all over the tile floor, Bodies in the sink & toilet like crazy!!!!!!

Bottom line is I got pests, any good cures that are Kalifornia legal?

I tried kerozene in some areas & it worked but that ain't a good thing I don't think for flammability.

Wait a minute, what am I insured for?

retrorob

OK, this sounds a bit crazy but I have a popular mechanix from 1937. There is a artical about fumigating  chicken coops using the exhaust from your car. It always stuck in my mind. If you could tent the old clipper, open all the doors and windows up, fire up the thing and let it idle the carbon monoxide would wipe out the little critters.  How it would make it smell afterwards is unknown.

mccammonds

The best solution I have found is powdered BORIC ACID.  Order you a couple of pounds on EBay.
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

Mac

Thanks! Boric Acid, I'll try it, how do you apply it, it's probably a powder. I'd do the exhaust thing but my wife is way to sensitive to smells, chances are it would never go away enough for her.

What I did try was some Citra-solve aka D'limonene, it';s orange oil and I used to use it in my carpet cleaning preconditioner mix but it really is some nasty stuff IMO. I used a dental syringe and applied it to certain areas but need to deliver it to areas into the wood. I have seen some dead ones so maybe it's working. The new termite commercials claim they are using the stuff now.