News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Should I replace Tires?

Started by Blew, July 28, 2011, 10:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blew

Say fellow RV'rs I was thinking these tires sure look good I know that they are rather old but what the heck They have plenty of Tread on them. The a friend sent me this video which I would like share with fellow Clipper owners. After watching it just one time I said "Jer But Tires!!!! If you have Tires you also might want to check out this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okVCwoqxMgI

Mac

I had 2 tires blow but not at once. I bought a clipper with new rubber with only a few hundred miles on but........... they were 8 or 10 years old. The mechanic blew one & I blew one on the rear which did some serious damage. 50 mph on the freeway. I'll tell you one thing - that stock jack will not jack up the ass end! Radials will beat up your rig, the only thing I didn't take out was the propane line.

I have radials up front & regular tires aft. I'll change them in a couple of years. I take this thing out every two weeks but I ain't having a blow out on the freeway in the mountains again.

John Eversoll

I  have a small floor jack that sits inside of the cargo storage for

times like that....  I have been thereat 10 pm on the 71 freeway........