News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Seasoned camping Pro's?

Started by Mac, May 15, 2011, 09:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

Let's say you went camping not RVing, you know, fishing, dirt, mud, snakes, dogs, & ticks.

You get home & get them off you & the dogs, what about the ones in the Clipper? Will they be there 2 weeks from now or will they die?

Do they spread like crabs on Sailors?

Horst

Unfortunately, ticks can live a LONG time without a blood meal - I mean a LONG time -  MANY months.
Not sure about reproducing - they might?
There must be treatments (fog bombs) you could use  to kill any left behind - but....one thing for sure - I would vacuum the hell out of that Clipper, from top to bottom, four times over, and then burn the bag - you're looking at 2 hours work I figure.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Mac

They are out control 5 days back. In the house, dogs, us and the Clipper. I got a bomb going in the clipper, dogs bathed & sprayed with Dawn dish soap.  This is a new adventure! I got one tick in the entire time I've spent years of hiking and stationed in Kodiak Alaska. Even out in the brush here during SERE school in the hot summer, I never got one.

Hate to bomb my indoor sanctuary (home) with chemicals that will give me parkinsons disease. I'm not going to quit camping, has to be some gel DEET lotion available from trhe 1960's when the chrome was thick & the women were straight.

I'm really worried that there may be a tax clause or fee hidden in the obama health care plan that no one read that may tax me into oblivion for having mulitiple ticks, I mean California & all. LOL!

Mac

I found some bayer insect spray @ home depot the vet recommended. Sprayed it on everything in the Clipper, let it stay a few days, wiped it all down & cleaned the upholstery real good. Vacuumed real good.

Applied same product to carpets at home and steam cleaned. Got the stuff I hate for the dogs & ticks are finally under control.

Can not believe how large the population was.

I will never run them dogs in the tall brush like that again, wherever we hit, it was a spot with an extreme population