News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

The old gal is for sale!!!!1

Started by mccammonds, April 13, 2011, 03:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccammonds

After spending about 5 months and driving about 6905 miles in our Clipper we have decided to get a larger rig.

1975 American Clipper , 21 foot Class C  motor home, 360 Mopar, auto transmission.   It does have its dents and dings but it is in pretty good shape.  Asking $2500

Call  530-228-5777
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

Horst

I'm VERY curious as to what you are going to get as a replacement.
Are you going bigger bucks and new technology, or just a bigger, well made vintage rig like a Vogue, Airstream, or are you switching to truck and trailer??

My wife and I realize we could not "full-time" in a Clipper for more than a few months max - and that's in summer only. MAYBE in one of the rare 24 footers, but not in a standard Clipper.

We are still in the decision phase for what set-up we want to start with, and still can't decide between a big C (like having driver's and passenger's doors), and medium sized A (would prefer a driver's door model) or a truck and trailer/fifth wheel combo.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

mccammonds

While at the SKP park in Yuma I mentioned to a friend that we were looking for a bigger rig.  He said Jim and Lois was trying to sell theirs.  I have known the rig since they made the first SKP Rendezvous with us in Ajo in 1998.  It is a 1998 Bounder 34 foot 34J model.  Ir drove real nice coming home.  The wife is now having the upholstery  re done.  And I am moving the solar panels to the top of the Bounder.  Should give me right at 500 watts of solar.  I do have a couple of things that I need to take care of before we head out next fall. It needs better wiring for the towed and TVs need mounted.  Still trying to come up with a tripod for the Direct Sat. dish.
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

Horst

Bounder - nice. I read somewhere that the Bounder is the best selling Class A of all time - maybe even the best selling motorhome of any kind. Tons of support groups and clubs, and tons of available parts.
Congrats - it probably feels like a palace compared to the Clipper!
Ford 460?
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

mccammonds

U.S. ARMY RETIRED

Horst

yes! much better! I'm not a big fan of the 460, or the first several years of the v10 triton.
But the 454 is tried and true. If you're nice to them and don't get the manifolds too hot by driving 75, they will last a long time ;)
Horst
ACOC  #2961

John Eversoll

A Bounder-----o0ooooooo

Not to burst your bubble...  Keep an eye on the carb!!!!!!

just watched a bounder burn to the ground in a gas station

yesterday......  carb fire...Just be carefull!!!!

USNRetired

You're a bit north of me, I'm in Oceanside right next to Camp Pendleton.  But I'll ask around and see if I can find any friends or family interested in your American Clipper.  Any special things I can pass on to help convince them it's the best thing since Ice Cream?    :)  But don't blame you wanting something larger for full timing it.  

I just bought an Auxilary/Portable Holding tank for black/gray water (36 Gal), for those dry camp grounds and those that have only water/elect.  

Also, any pictures of inside/outside? 
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)