News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Back exterior lights and license plate lights not working?

Started by eddie76clipper, March 22, 2011, 07:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie76clipper

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with exterior lights not lighting up? I just noticed it now when i went to turn on my clipper that the front ones work ( Orange ) and the back ( Red ) do not; also the license plate lights don't turn on. All break lights and front lights work though....

Any recommendations on any fuses that might be out and particular location.

Thanks,

Eddie

JerryT

I lost my lights once just like you. Check for a loose relay under dash and just above the brake pedal. Mine is more oval than square and has a 3 prong flatish wire connector that plugs into it. The connector can loose it's grip onto the relay. I did a crimp adjustment on mine and it works ok now. And as always check all fuses first.

JerryT

pop427

Most times it is a poor ground that causes that problem.

Doug

eddie76clipper

Hey Jerry / Doug,

Will do guys! Thanks for the feedback...Heading home now from work; man its pooring outside right now jeeeeeesh..Good old California!

pop427

When checking lights it is a good idea to take about 30 feet of 18 gauge wire and put a clip on each end. Hook one end to the negative terminal on the battery. Then ground the light you are testing with the other end. Now you know you have a good ground. Learned many years ago on plastic cars like Corvettes.
Rain and rust kill lights.

Good Luck,   Doug

eddie76clipper

Doug,

Will do!  :)

I appreciate all the feedback guys and support this is great. I should have some time today to look into this and hopefully find the issue....

Thanks,

Eddie