News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Removing bench seat in 1977 821f 1T

Started by Peter and Ali, March 18, 2011, 08:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter and Ali

Hello, we are picking up our Clipper tomorrow and we want to re-upholster our seats. We tried pulling the bench seats out but they aren't budging. Anything special we need to do to remove them?

Thanks!
Peter and Ali Fraser

JerryT

I have an 821 f and mine were attached with small angle brackets with screws just below the front of the cushion.

JerryT

Horst

Like Jerry said - small L-brackets on the bottom that attach to the seat frame - usually two per seat.. The back-rest is attached to the "roll-over" mechanism (if you have one) - flip the lever and the backrest will disengage, then remove screws and remove the back rest - be sure to label each piece so they go back where they belong - or you may be drilling new holes.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Peter and Ali

Thank you for your help. We removed the seats and have another question that has come up. I will post a new topic with a photo showing the condition of the wood around the battery box .