News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Have your Clippers "ready" if you're in California or Oregon

Started by Horst, March 17, 2011, 08:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horst

There is definitely a higher than normal chance for an earthquake, and a substantial one in the next 3 weeks or so boys and girls.
Sooooo.....get your earthquake stuff ready - make a kit - make sure your Clipper is full of water and propane and gas and food and scotch and cigars and chocolate and coffee and guns and bullets (just in case)

On a serious note, after seeing what that  small tsunami did to our local harbor last Friday, and having lived through several earthquakes, including the big one in 89, I'm afraid.....very afraid.....and my wife and I have been preparing as best we can. The birds here are acting weird............I'm not happy.

Let's pray nothing happens.........but my free, unsolicited advice is to take this seriously. There are too many factors pointing too a major event.

Having a Clipper for situations like this is one of the most valuable assets Clipper ownership provides - shelter and protection in the event of natural disaster.
Just make sure you don't park where something can crush it/ruin it.
Pray and keep your fingers crossed - if we get through the next 20 to 30 days, we just might dodge a bullet for a few more years or more.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

USNRetired

I'm with you on this one, Horst.  Have full tank of fuel, propane is topped off, generator is ready to strap down to cargo rack along with 40 extra gallons of gasoline, water tank is full and have 5 ea 5 gallong water bottles ready to load up.  Extra ice chests and a full pantry of canned and dried foods.  A month's worth of meds, ammunition (9MM, 12 Guage and 22 long rifle) along with a few other surprises for unwelcome visitors.  Have survival food and kits ready to load into Clipper, American Flag & new pole, sure wish I had bought that AR15 in Idaho, though.  Debating about having wife drive the jeep loaded up as well, may need a second vehicle that is lighter, more nimble and capable of carrying most needs if the Clipper becomes stuck or disabled.
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

jon

You are all welcome to come out here to Nebraska. There a beautiful campground on the Elkhorn river 12 miles from my house in Wisner Ne. Its a city park not a state park so you can enjoy your adult beverage without hiding it. the police drive through regular to keep an eye on things. and because Its a small town the cop is bored and he would rather be fishing.  $12 a night.

Horst

Jim - second vehicle is our plan for sure - so wife will driving Subaru - son might even bring up the rear with our truck - then we can "circle the wagons".
Jon - I'd love to - tried several times over the last 16 years to convince the wife to move away (actually gave up trying about 6 years ago) - but she is 3rd generation Santa Cruz - and I've been here 32 years - I like it here - but cost of living, job situation, excessive liberalism, and proximity to what will eventually be a major catastrophic earthquake still has me wanting to move away (maybe when our kids are adults, etc.)

Won't be too long though and I'll be living out of an RV at least 1/2 time - can't wait.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Mac

I just finished the repairs from my last adventure & I'm late getting everything loaded for hot stand-bye. My new made fiberglass wheel well should just be about dry. New fresh water pump, air bag lines, tires, even a new shower curtain.

My wife complained yesterday that the quali stopped whooing in the backyard & it's quiet out there from teh absence of the bird sounds.

I heard about the geologists Mr. Berklands earthquake prediction and it was going to be a period from today up to next Saturday. I'm ready for another adventure as long as snow isn't involved. Lets just hope nothing goes down as predicted but if it has to be then let's get this thing over with once and for all.

I'd run but I scheduled work. I'm considering strapping on a dozen inner tubes on each side of the rig just in case the tsunami hits. Got 4 canadian gas masks & red wine if the nuclear plant goes.

Horst

you already fixed up all the crap that broke from your blowout??!!
you sir, are a beast!
congrats!
(I'd still be crying about it, tears dripping in my scotch!)
Horst
ACOC  #2961

Mac

Waiting for the undercoat to dry under the repaired wheel well. Can't believe they made them out of plastic in 1978

USNRetired

Mac, I am impressed!  It is amazing what has been made out of plastic over the years, isn't it?  Marina and I are heading back up to San Onofre Campground Friday and will be there until Sunday.  If you can get away, come on up!  We'll be in the new section, somewhere around space 25 to space 30. 
ACOC #3714

John Eversoll

Boy I am with you on this one!!!   I have six rifles ad 1,000 rounds for each.  100 gal of water

and enough food for two and a half weeks. plus cash money aqnd 50 gals of gas.

And I figure if I don't know them and they aint driving a clipper,  I am locked and loaded!!!!!

USNRetired

John, I'm with you on that one.  Wife asks me why I load ammo boxes in the Clipper whenever we travel.  ha!  I just tell her it's my version of "don't ask, don't tell."  But there is 12 guage shells, .22 cal cartridges, 9mm, .38, and .380...  let's say that I'm ready.  ;-)
ACOC #3714

mccammonds

I'm put up at Redway for a couple of weeks so I'm right on the big fault.

BUT, even though I detest the term "go green" another way to put it I'm prepared.  If we did have to go off the grid how many of those electric plugins would work.  Another reason to have a good solar system.  If you are tied to an eledctrical outlet your not mobile.
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED