News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Overdrive math re-visited

Started by Horst, February 11, 2011, 09:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

Hi guys, I just got home from OREGON..

I found that gas prices were fairly decent "BUT IN Grapevine Calif. I paid $4.58

a gal..I really bit me in the bucket....

pop427

John, You should have gone up the hill to frazier park Flying J.   It is $3.65 today. I always stop there. You can go on line to flying J and find there fuel price anywhere in the country. I took a 15.500 mile vacation trip across the entire country last fall and the on line price was right every time but once. My wife had to make me laugh when she said " Can you believe two old people in their late 60's having to travel with a GPS, cell phone and a lap top computer?" But that is the age we are in now.

pop427

Horst, I like the 360 better than the 440 myself. Back in the 80's I had a class C 22 foot 360. I also had a Dyno tune up shop in San Luis Obispo at that time. I did a lot of dyno tuning on motorhomes. I still had my engine business going also. I could take a customers vehicle and run it on the dyno then after working on it go back and test to see how much it helped. I found out a lot of information on camshafts, intakes and carbs that way. The Edelbrock " Performer " was the only manifold that made more power in every motor we changed from a stock manifold. Chevy, Ford, Mopar it did not mater. I made friends with the guy that was the head tech guy for Edelbrock and found out why but that is another long story. The Edelbrock " Torquer manifold " is a POS and lost power everywhere.
The Edelbrock carb is the old Carter AVS ( Air Valve Secondaries ) from the 70's and is a great carb.