News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

77 440 gear ratio

Started by spokaneclipper, February 03, 2011, 04:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spokaneclipper

Did the 1977 440 Clippers come with 4.10 gears?
Our speedometor is way off and we are trying to figure out which speedo gear will make it more accuate.
Thanks

pop427

Need to know what the speedo reads at a true 50 MPH. Then what tooth plastic gear you have in the tail housing of the trans now. Most times one tooth will change the speedo about 5%. When you change the number of teeth on the plastic gear it changes the outside size of the gear. If you look close at the aluminum part that holds the gear it is marked with numbers to show you how it should be indexed into the trans tailhousing so the gears will mesh correctly. I have a box of them around the shop here someplace in my 727 trans stuff. If I can find the one you need I'll give it to you.

spokaneclipper

Hi thanks for your reply!

Seems we need a 40 or close (39, 41)

We can trade you one. we have a few also just not the right one. We may have one you don't have in your set just let us know.

Its a chilly 12 degrees today in Spokane Washington. Can't wait for warmer weather.

Lee and Patty Howe

John Eversoll

Well, last night it was a Balmy 9 degrees here in Chiloquin, Or

Horst

9 degrees - nice! - looks like you'll be needing to update your wardrobe a bit - as in heavy duty thermals and an arctic grade jacket!
I love the climate in santa cruz..................but the political climate is not so good........difficult trade-off
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Horst or Hank or Jerry,

How does one tell if they have the B100 - B200 or the B300

I have been asked this by more than one auto part stores

and to be honest.... I have no clue----Can you help me........John

Horst

B100 - 1/2 ton
B200 - 3/4 ton
B300 - 1 ton = American Clipper

It's on the "shield" inside the frame of the driver's door.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Thanks Bro....

Lost my glasses...............sigh

JerryT

Hi John

They call our Clippers CB300 or MB300, C stands for cutaway--M stands for Motorhome B stands for van, and just like Horst said 300= one ton, 200= 3/4 ton, 100= 1/2 ton.

Jerry

John Eversoll

Thanks again, I did look at the shield on the door frame...

and it says nothing other than the vin and the 10,000

I just did not know.. Now I do.....  Thanks guys!!!!
John