News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Military Camp Ground - San Onofre onboard Camp Pendleton CA

Started by USNRetired, January 24, 2011, 08:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USNRetired

Spent Thursday thru Sunday in full hookup space next to "Mac" Gary MacKay in his 1978 Clipper Bunkhouse and me in my 1977 Clipper Party Model.  I am not sure if Gary caught anything other than some seaweed fishing.  But I did catch a couple of bottle bass!  We had a great time checking out each other's clippers, comparing notes and swapping a few lies.  Full Hookup spaces for authorized patrons (active/retired military/civil service) run $35/day and you're just yards from the high water line on the beach.  Water/Electric only sites are $30/day.  Authorized/sponsored guests run $40 for full hookup and $35 for water/electric sites, but you must be sponsored in.  I can sponsor two sites in addition to mine.  Maybe we can get a few more Southern California Clipper Owners to join in next time and get five or six in a row!  I bet Boats would be happy to sponser a couple of ya'll and I know I would!
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

John Eversoll

Hey Bro, is Gary in Law enforcement????

If so I think I know his brother and his Dad Bob Sr.

Glad you had a good time!!  Hope to hook up before we leave Cali..

John :)

USNRetired

I don't think Gary's been in Law Enforcement. He's retired Navy and owns a carpet cleaning business in Spring Valley.  (He's a retired Chief, old salts seem to find one another!) 

I sure am looking forward to meeting up with you before you head north.  One caution about living in Oregon ---- you've gotta watch out for developing dish pan body!!  All that rain will wrinkle you like something else....  heheheheheheheheheheheheh.... that and the "bar room tan."  :-)
ACOC #3714

John Eversoll

Oh Hell, that would only add to this lovely Dane's personality "ARRrrrrrrrrr"

I just found out today I am getting my right Hip replaced in three weeks....

What a freeeeking Birthday presant.  Don't worry about hooking up

That Bottle of Glenn Levitt is yours!!!!!!!!!

John  :)

USNRetired

Update for San Onofre.  

Last weekend (April 8th) spent 3 days/2 nights in the "new section."  Full hookup, great view of Ocean, could hear the surf breaking all night long...  Camped below the bluffs, so didn't hear the train at all on the tracks between I-5 and the campground.  

Due to recent storms, you have to detour to the campgrounds and off the I-5 South turn right, I-5 North turn left to the West Side of I-5.  This will take you south toward the power plant.  Watch the detour signs and follow them toward the San Onofre State Surf Beach.  When you hit the Park Ranger Shack, tell them you are going to the military campground and they will flag you through.  At the Camp Ground Guard Shack (it is onboard Marine Base Camp Pendleton), tell them you are checking in for camping and the guard will direct you to the office.

Best deal in town for camping!  The rates went up $5.00 this year to $40 for military and $45 for non-military guests.  Military can reserve site for themself and an additional two sites for guests.  This is still the best buy on the coast!  Try finding something a few feet from the high water mark on the beach with full hookups for anything near this price!  

It was wonderful Even though it Rained, Hailed, Wind Blew, Lightening and Thundered Friday.
ACOC #3714