News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Overhead pics. of dome

Started by JerryT, January 09, 2011, 10:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryT

I was in a fire tower at Gettysburg last fall and I took some pics of the roof of our Clipper showing a birds eye view of it.

JerryT

Horst

Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Mac

Wow!!!!!!!!!  You are a serious McGiver. That gives me some serious motivation & confidence. I'm inspired just thinking of the things my wife & I would be able to do with that mod. that we can't do at present.

Where can I get one of those domes?

Thanks!

JerryT

Thanks Horst, Hi Mac, go to this post

http://americanclipperownersclub.com/techforum/index.php?topic=1372.0

I got it from the Fitzgerald Corp. In Cali. My NoseCone invoice says it's a BP-NC60-M3 I paid $677.00

I call it the "Dome" but after inspecting it our friends call it the "Sex Cave"   I think their jealous ;)

JerryT

Mac

Jerry, when you installed it, it looks like the edges fit right up to that ridge close to the edge. Has there been any issues of water getting in between that & getting in? It's a fiberglass dome so I would think I'd have to fiberglass the edges of the dome right over to the ridge to the edge of the roof to prevent leaks & keep from having to reseal these areas. what do you think & have you had any issues?

JerryT

Hi Mac! Yes that dome fits the roof nicely with the edges butting up to the raised portion of the roof.
I glued it on with 3M marine 5200. I used pole barn screws (the one with a hex head and gasket) in a bed of 5200 to hold it down while it dried/setup. I have NO leaks! The 5200 lets you tool it for a day or two before it sets up. The 5200 has nice flow and level properties and you can make the caulk job look really good. I first thought I was going to glass the dome on but that is a BIG and expensive job. I read that they 5200 transducers to the out side of fiberglass boats under the water line all the time and the way they get them off is to heat up a putty knife with a propane torch and melt thru the 5200.

JerryT

Horst

I'm getting some of that stuff!
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.