News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

REfer for the Clipper

Started by John Eversoll, December 30, 2010, 11:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

Hi Guys anyone in Southern Calif?????   

other than myself and a couple of others.....

Jim " ran across a guy in Calif that rebuilds our refers!!!!

And at a GREAT Price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure that Navy can answer all of your questions

A rebuilt unit runs $450.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That iis better than $1500 from camping world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jim!!!!   Keep up the great work !!!!!!!

Coastie"      John :)

USNRetired

I'll tell you what.  I will always place my life in the hands of a coastie!  I know what you guys did off the coast of Vietnam and what you're doing in the Persian Gulf! Shallow water sailors my ass!

James L. Johnson aka Sparks
CPO USN-Retired
Vietnam Veteran!

Here is what I've posted elsewhere:

I found a guy who, with his wife, runs a small RV Fridge Cooling Unit Remanufacture and Recharge Service and they are up in Riverside County near Homeland.  They delivered and installed a replacement for my RM66E.  It's a RM2500 and is a 3 way unit with a completely remanufactured cooling unit.  I told him to disable the 12 volt feature, so it's basically going to be a Propane/120V AC unit.  It looks brand new and is one hell of a lot better than the old RM66E.  The cost?  $450 for the reefer and $100 to remove my old unit and install the new one.  It comes with a 90 day guarantee on the cooling unit.  The neat thing is that they come to you.  However, they only sell to "local" Southern California or Western Arizona customers.  I asked them about Orange County and they gave me a big yes.  If you are willing to drive to their location in Homeland - Riverside County just east of the 215 freeway, I am sure they will sell and install to anyone.  But to get their warranty you must be in their service area or negotiate about you coming to them.  To me, it is well worth it, but I live in Oceanside and it's not that far a drive for them and then they get to visit the Pacific Ocean.  :-)  I've had the "new" refrigerator in my Clipper for two days, just went to the harbor for the day and the thing gets cold!! Works great, no bad smells and I am more than happy!  $550 and it was installed!  Beats the $1000 to $1500 dollar prices I've been quoted.   

The guy's name is Matt Willis and his business is KONA COOLS, INC.  Phone:  951-704-3223  ... I got a good feeling from him and his wife when I met them, real down to earth straight forward people.

Oh, he removed and installed using the back door, didn't have to dismantle anything on the Clipper!
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

Mac

That is some great info! I was wondering what the heck I'm going to do when this 33 year old reefer goes. So far it works great. Has to be American made!!!!!!

Who makes the replacement? I am a chinaphobe and will gladly pay the extra for anything American!

I'm a retired bmc navy brown water/coastal special boat unit sailor.

USNRetired

Hey Mac,

The replacement is the same brand, Dometic ... I am not sure who makes it, but it sure as "heck" ain't made in China!  But I do know they have a Elkhart, IN address.  I know that they make high quality refrigerators and they last a long time.

Jim
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)