News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

No dinette

Started by JimSig, December 07, 2010, 07:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimSig

Hi!
I'm new here.  I live in San Bernardino, CA and just obtained a 1977 rear kitchen.  I've been told it is a party model.  It has a couch/bed on the driver's side, and a couple of captains chairs and cabinet on the other.  My issue is that I don't have a dinette.  I did get two dinette table tops and two posts in the deal, but there is no ring or hole in the floor to install them.
I was wondering if any other owners have had faced the same situation and had installed the hardware in the floor for a dinette table.  I'll try not to drill a hole in the gas tank.  (Really - I'll look first.)
Just wondering if anybody else had been through this.
Also - what is the recommended RV battery size?  The old dead one in there now looks awfully small.
Thanks,
Jim Siegmund

John Eversoll

Hi Jim, Hey, are you the same Jim S. that went to Loara High School in Anaheim Ca???????

As far as that little ring for the table goes you can get that

at almopst any Rv placve Camping world ect...

And the battery should be a deep Marine cell..  And yes I am still in Anaheim Ca    John E.

JerryT

Hi Jim and welcome!

Good luck on that dinette, as for the battery a 27 series is the most common and cost effective in our area. I put a larger 31 series in my 1978 (just fits) for more draw time but then it takes longer to charge it back up. Do you plan on dry camping a lot?

JerryT

Horst

Any RV parts store (online or brick and mortar) will have that floor mount.
By the way - you have the "best" floor plan for a Clipper in my opinion - unless of course you need three sleeping berths - then the 821F is the a good one (which is mine) - but now my kids sleep in tents, or stay home - I'd switch my flloor plan in a minute now..............
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.