News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

American Clipper Handling

Started by Mac, December 06, 2010, 08:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

OH YES<,  Please let Us know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

If it is as simple as it looks I'll buy that myself!!!!!!!!!!

John :)

USNRetired

Hey Boats!  Sparks here, retired Chief Radioman....  I have a lot of respect for Boatswainsmates!!!  I tried taking the BM 3 & 2 course and ended up turning it back in not completed.  That bugger was difficult!  You darn near have to know how to build, maintain and replace everything that keeps a ship floating. 

I'm up in Oceanside and just finished replacing my old fridge with a newer used/rebuilt RM2500.  About the only other things I've done is replace the valve on the propane tank, new ignition module and condenser.  Previous owner had tannie rebuilt, carb rebuilt and new tires mounted early last year.  So I'm good to go for a few miles.  I do have a termite problem, but have about resigned myself to having to tent the darn thing and then when I get into replacing and modifying the cabinet work repairing the termite damage.

Been camping up at San Onofre onboard Camp Pendleton, Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station and out on the Oceanside Harbor.  Maybe you could meet up with us at the Oceanside Harbor for an overnighter!  We could swap some lies and make the coasties roll up their trousers!  heheheheh (Sorry John, couldn't resist it!)  I ran into a retired Coast Guard Mustang Lieutenant out there the last time we spent a week out at the harbor.
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

USNRetired

Oh, I forgot, he's a First Lieutenant too!   ;D
ACOC #3714

John Eversoll

Hey Now"

Let's try Puddle Pirate"

Every first Lt I ever ran into while in the Guard.....

I still shiver just thinking of them being incharge of guys....

I really think that A BM should have had more authority that an Lt.

Mac

Dang Jim! I was playing around in my generator space & found a termite! Yeah, maybe we can share a termite tent. I need to find where they are at so maybe I can locally treat them.

I'm all for trying out some beach areas after our cold trip last week. Been meaning to find the area at camp P. but couldn't find it last time I was on base. I was going to do another short adventure next Thrusday after sucking rugs for 11 days straight to relax & do paper work. I'll reply to your e-mail.

As far as mold goes, that's for lawyers & rapists. The feds propbably are involved in it too, big, big money.

USNRetired

I hear you about the termite tent.  I have no idea how much they charge to tent an RV.  I did buy some stuff from Lowes that is supposed to be death on termites, but have my doubts - but being who I am, I'm going to give it a shot and procrastinate on the tenting.  Sure hope nothin' falls off!!  Maybe those critters will eat something that makes them migrate to one of those $300,000.00 rigs!!  Better wood over there!

I sent you an email with a lot of information about Camp Pendleton camping and a website that shows all the military camp grounds.  I spent 3 days up at Seal Beach Weapons Station... they have a really nice campground, but it's way far away from the beach.  The price did include Cable TV hookup.  hheheheheheheheheeh.... 

Hey John, I don't know about the Coast Guard, but most of the 1st Lt's I met in the Navy were Mustang Officers who had been BMC's or BM1's  ...  So I guess you could say we did have BM's in that position.  :-)  But that's okay, I haven't stood a QD Watch since 1986!  Hell, I haven't stood any watches since 1986!!
ACOC #3714

Mac

I trained many a young LT on all my frequent trips to the middle east and my C.O. thought they were getting a thrashing but they wre always good guys willing to learn.

One of my best Lt's was a mustang that was an ex-QM thrust into naval Special Warfare as a naval officer. Guy was good, impotent due to naval politics went which is why we got along, I said & did the things he couldn't which is why I never made E-8. He kept me out of trouble with the brass & I made it possible for him to make LTCDR & get a fat job in Chille. Ain't that the way it works!

Rodney

Quote from: John Eversoll on January 04, 2011, 09:22:37 PM

OH YES<,  Please let Us know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

If it is as simple as it looks I'll buy that myself!!!!!!!!!!

John :)

I'm Sorry for not replying sooner "re" sway bar better late that never I guess
The first of the year I had a knee replaced and wasn't taking care of the computer. Had more important things to do :-\
the front sway bar I installed was an AFCO brand purchased at the local parts store.
for the rear I am planning on installing
a HellWig brand click here
they supply an 1 1/8 rear the front I installed was 1"
The front wasn't that big a deal to install.
The rear on the other hand I am not sure and before I order one I am going to contact Hellwig and ask them if it will work with the clipper due to the fuel tank being so close to the rear axle.