News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

American Clipper Handling

Started by Mac, December 06, 2010, 08:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryT

On my small utility trailer that I can't see to back up I don't even try. I just un-hook it and roll it in first, that way people think I know what I am doing 8)

JerryT

John Eversoll

HoooRaaaa!!!

Everything cool you doing fine!!!

JerryT

It's not what you do, it's how you do it!

JerryT

Horst

Two 1/2 inch pvc (white sprinkler type) sections of pipe - I'm guessing 4 ft long - maybe longer - with bright yellow or orange tennis balls on the end (punch hole in tennis ball).
You have them (figure out your own rigging to quickly attach them)  sticking out at 45 degree angles from the front corners of the trailer - so that they stick out about a foot wider than the Clipper on each side.
Then, start straight, hand at 6 o'clock, watch the tennis balls, and back in like a pro.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Damn!!!  Bet we can see that at WallMart real soon

John :)

JerryT

Right after the 2 for 1 infomercial on late night TV :D

Jerryt

John Eversoll

Youre all right Jerry!!!!!!!!!

JerryT

John Eversoll

:) ")

Mac

I guess I have an air leak in one of my air bags which is why it handles terrible at times. Before I went camping I checked it & it had just a few lbs so I filled it & 10 days later when it was time to come home it was empty again. I broke out the bike pump & was able to get 45 lbs in it & adjusted the other one the same & it handled great for the trip home. I just can't belive that one air bag can throw the whole thong off like that.

JerryT

I think when it squats in the back on one side it unloads the opposite corner in the front, and it would make the front left side have different alignment than the front right side. I think it would be like driving two different trucks at once. Anybody else have any ideas?

JerryT

John Eversoll

Check the Air line ,  Might have a slow leak.............

John  :)

Rodney

installing an aftermarket sway bar made a huge difference in handling as well.
;)

along with a complete front end rebuild.

JerryT

I like the anti sway bar! What brand, how much and where did you get it?  Was it bolt on or did you have to adjust it ;)

JerryT