News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Bath room sink

Started by John Eversoll, November 23, 2010, 09:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

Ok, I can deall with the sink faucet situation....

But-----  Where in GODS GREEN EARTH do I find a new

replacement bath room sink..................

That is harder than finding a gas tank!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horst

oooohh - that's gonna be tough - I have never seen another one like it in any of the hundreds of trailers, truck campers and motorhmes I have been in - now I'm taliking about my bathroom sink (rear kitchen) - the long one.

You may be better off starting over and simply fabbing something that will sit on top of your cabinet - or ditch the cabinet and install a whole new set-up
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Yea, I  have been thinking of just putting in a Very small sink..

But Bigger than what I have.  Which is big enough for a gold fish

I have the rear Kitchen and corner bath...

John :)

Mac

I seen a 24' rig that has been sitting in this guys yard forever, don't kinow if that has the small sink but if you want I'll ask the guy if he's willing to part out anything & check for you.

USNRetired

What I've done regarding my bathroom sink is to close off the water lines to the leaking faucets, capped them and then soldered to ensure no leaks.  Removed the faucets and installed pretty white caps to cover the holes.  Sink is still there on top of cabinet, drain is still connected, but otherwise the sink is a nice place to hold a ba of toiletries.  We use the double kitchen sink (rear kitchen) to brush our teeth, wash up, etc...  one of these days I may buy a double faucet and install it and reconnect the water lines.

What I'm saying is remove the sink, the faucet and turn the top into a nice purty smooth cabinet top.  That bathroom is too small to stand there shaving or brushing your teeth - do it in the kitchen sink or grow a beard.  ;-)

That is my contribution to this.... my cent and a half.
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

Horst

Amen! - excellent plan. I'm only 6 foot - but can't tall you how many times I have hit my head going pee on that darn overhead cabinet in the bathroom. (Doesn't happen as often now that I drink less Scotch!!)
Hardly ever use that sink either.

I ALMOST installed a modified urinal on the vent-pipe wall in the bathroom - but then chickened out! (Think of the urinal you see in a portable toilet - you know - the ones at the ballpark, etc.)
Might re-visit that idea later (if I decide to keep the Clipper that is!)
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

USNRetired

Now that is an excellent idea!  A portapotty style urinal using the vent pipe...  that makes sense!  How would you keep the odor from venting into the bathroom, some type of trap?
ACOC #3714

Horst

Didn't make myself clear - I wasn't going to "use" the vent pipe for anything other than maybe to mount the urinal to it. I was going to try and figure out an elegant way to get the urinal to dump/pour into the toilet bowl. But then there  other more difficult challenges (how to "flush" the urinal, where/how to run the drain into the toilet, etc.)
So I put the project on hold.
Horst
ACOC  #2961

jon

Just use the sink. you can flush it by turning on the water. LOL no don't do that that's gross.

USNRetired

That's an even better idea!!!  Right height too!  Of course, I disabled my faucets, pinched and soldered the lines and removed the leaky old things!  But sink is still there with drain intact.  Just don't tell me wife!  he he he he he he
ACOC #3714

John Eversoll

OH you are Bad, he he he he he hehe heeeeee

John out