News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Battery

Started by katcass, November 16, 2010, 01:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katcass

What's the best battery for a 1974 American Clipper, 360 engine?
Thanks!

John Eversoll

I am guessing that you are talking about the engine batt....

Get your self a good 60 month batt.  No cheepie..You will be better off with a good battery..

If you are talking about the coach batt. Then get your rig a good deep cell Marine battery.  You don't want to cheep out on this issue  for sure......  John out :)

jon

I went and got a rv marine battery 5 years ago and its still good so dont go cheap.

JerryT

I find it best to get one that still has caps to check the water. Check your water at least twice a year. Some are flush with the top and/or under the sticker. A pocket knife will pry them up so you can check the level. Some you can't maintain at all. Up our way they are selling combo batteries. They claim they are for cranking and deep cycle both. I have had good luck with these using them for the engine battery, and they have nice big caps too :) I would look for a 27 or 29 series battery for the 360. If you are not cold weather starting the smaller one should be just fine. Up here if you don't have your (or any) old battery to trade in then they charge about $10.00 more.

JerryT