News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Ceiling shelf?

Started by dave16131, November 15, 2010, 07:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave16131

Has anyone removed the little shelf on the ceiling? Seems to me it is not very useful and may make scence to remove it, as I'm in the process of rebuilding the ceiling anyways. Can anyone give a good reason to keep it? It's not very user friendly and would give more hieght if removed. Just askin". :)

Horst

I love that ceiling shelf - but that's just me. I keep all kinds of light stuff up there - towels, blankets, camping mats (for sleeping), etc. At night, my wife slips her book and cell phone in there, etc.
The Clipper doesn't have all that much storage to begin with - taking some away?? - I would not - but If I was 6'3" or more - well - that's another story
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

JerryT

Same here, I love that shelf! We keep all our soft stuff in ours. Keep in mind that the Clipper interior was built free standing then had the outside skin applied. I am guessing that many of the fasteners that hold it in are covered by the skin. Also keep in mind the aluminum trim between the ceiling panels is a 1-3/4" tall  I beam that is part of the roof support system with 2 2x2"s attached to it, one on each side. Good luck with what ever you do.

JerryT

John Eversoll

I must put my unwanted 2 cents in as well...

The shelf is a great place  to stuff things that only the wife wants to hide

As for the height, my 6' 11" son has no way of getting in the rig

poor guy  he he he he he Lol. 

*******    By the way, I found a company that makes tanks!!!!!!

FUEL tanks and they are NOT too expensive.... 

TYPE in Oceanlink and then click on fuel tanks  Very good prices!!!!

JerryT

6'11" is tall! how many kids you got John?

JerryT

jon

My ex didnt like that shelf either. But then she didnt like alot of things so I just got rid of her. Problem solved.  I break down my fishing poles and store them up there.

John Eversoll

Well, I have three---Two girls and my mountain" the boy

we aere just the average height But Mikey took all the stuff and got bigger...  When he was 15 I had to pay 150 bucks for a pair of shoes.... Glad he is on his own now!!!!!!!!!!  I think he wears a size
18..... "gun  boats"Mya daughters are 5' 4" and the other one is 5' 10" ---- wife is 5'2" I was 6' now with my back all  screwed up I am
5'  9 1/2"... Life is a dream.......sigh  John :)

JerryT

John, you have a McDonalds family, Small, medium and Xtra large, sounds quite American ;)

JerryT

John Eversoll

Never heard it put that way....... LMFAO!!!!!  :)

19julien59

What model of Oceanlink fuel tank will work?  There are several 36 gallon ones....

John Eversoll

Don't rightly know....  They are going to give me a call this week and I have to give them the dimentions of my tank....

John:)

Horst

I called them because I saw they had poly tanks - but their poly tanks are for marine use only   :-\

but gonna give them a call about a 30+ gallon tank myself - they are cheaper than the outfit in Oregon - and appear to have a bigger selection
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Ok, I called Camping world and they gave the number to them..

I called and talked with a guy and he said " the marine tanks are also used in Rv rigs..........ok"   

So with that in mind I told him I would get him the dimentions of mine...
It is strange that the door gets shut on you for gas tanks..  I have an rv.... Slam shut"  ?????  just don't get it"  It is not like I want to buy the moon!!!!
Give me a hollar when you get intyouch with them I will be very iinterested... I am  in the middle of packing things up for the move to Oregon...  John :)