News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Catalytic heater

Started by drwfc7, November 08, 2010, 09:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drwfc7

Has anyone added a catalytic heater to their coach?I'm toying with the idea but placement is a problem do to the layout.I have a side kitchen and had the idea of the back wall alongside the bathroom door but angle and width are a problem.Width dictates use of the smallest unit which might be too small as I am looking at the Olympian line which I have owned in the past and really liked.Also thinking of portable use freestanding which would solve the angle problem and could be tied into the water heater propane line with a valve and quick connect.Looking for ideas or experiences before I re-invent the wheel.Thanks       Bob

mccammonds

The first thing I do is install a free standing propane heater in all our rigs.  Now I have an 1975  821f  Rear Kitchen.

I tapped into the gas line under the sink behind the water heater.  It was real easy to get to.  I ran a flexible line to a quick disconnect on the Kozy-World catalytic heater.  We use it about every morning during the winter.

I took the regulator from the heater and use the regulated propane from the house regulator.  This way you don't have to plumb high pressure propane to the heater.  You can use existing plumbing.

We are almost 100% dry campers.  We don't go into RV parks.  We use our solar generated electricity.  The house furnace uses way too much electric and also use way too much propane for the heat it produces.
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED