News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

DOWN THE ROAD

Started by mccammonds, November 01, 2010, 06:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccammonds

DOWN THE ROAD
This week end we have been parked at a sports field complex in the south edge of Jonesboro, Arkansas.

The old rig made it without any problems on the way from Harrison to here. We towed the dolly and the Matrix  all the way.

The trip across the northern edge of Arkansas is so beautiful.  The pastures was still green but this country needs rain so bad that many of the running streams are now just a trickle.   The roads US 62/412 is very crooked and up one hill and down another but it is fairly well maintained and we had no problems. 

As we drove across the new bridge across Lake Norfolk it brought back fond memories of having to cross the same spot on a free ferry many years ago.

The oldest son is on his big break from work this week end.  He is a paramedic in West Memphis, Ar.

Today we toured the whole town of Jonesboro looking for a 22 rifle I?ve  been
looking for quite some time.  I may have to settle for just a practical one but as long
as I?m just looking why not hold out for what I want.  If  you have a Winchester
Model 62 that you would part with for a reasonable  amount let me know.

Today after running around town the son replaced the plugs in the Matrix.  Of course
we only have 147K on the thing.  Yes, the plugs did need replacing.  Then I talked
him into helping me put exhaust manifold gaskets on the rig. 

We plan on leaving here Monday heading  south west toward Hondo, Texas.

More later Down the Road. 
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

LARRY RAY

Should you get anywhere  close to lubbock texas on your way to Hondo get in touch. I would like to see your clipper and you could get a look at mine. Did however find another in this small town that the owner wants to sell, but I don't need or want it and have not seen the inside. Have a good trip.
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

mccammonds

We are now parked in Livingston, Texas.   Heading to South Padre Island.  Then on up the Rio Grande toward Southern Arizona to spend the rest of the winter.  We will be a couple hundred miles south of Lubbock.
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

USNRetired

When you get to your location in Arizona, it wouldn't happen to be Yuma, would it?  Let us know.  I am in Oceanside, California and may just drive my Clipper down your way (if I can convince my wife it will make it) to say howdy!
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)