News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Another bozo stunt by yours truly..............

Started by Horst, September 11, 2010, 05:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horst

First - never forget 9/11/01........history channel showing lots of good stuff today....sometimes I think too many people have already forgotten............like Teddy said "speak softly and carry a big stick"

On a lighter note - I pulled Bozo stunt Number 3 today.
For those who haven't heard,  let's review Bozo stunts 1 and 2 first.

Bozo 1
About 10 years ago.....pulling out of my father-in-law's cabin  in Tahoe (a tight fit), I get my rear bumper hung up on his chain link fence - and I mean hung up good. I had to remove my bumper, I messed up his fence, etc. Turns out he wanted to remove the fence anyway, so I started the job for him. Did put a small nick in my fiberglass though......pissed me off

Bozo 2
About 8 years ago.....coming home from Yosemite, I'm REALLY tired - normally I'd pull off the road and take a nap - but we need to get home - I decide to let the wife drive the Clipper (against my better judgment)  - because she has a lead foot. I tell her to take it easy - she says no problem. I go to sleep on the couch behind the passenger's seat - we have our two young kids in the Clipper mind you. I wake up 30 minutes later because the Clipper is sort of rolling and swaying down the freeway. I look at the speedo - she's doing freaking 75mph!!!!! I flip out, tell her to pull over, and tell her (as calmly as possible, which wasn't all that calmly - that she is blowing it!!) A front left tire blowout when she was doing that - and I wouldn't be typing right now...........
She lost Clipper driving  privileges for 1 year after that.

Today's Bozo #3
We're getting ready to go camping - and I need to turn the Clipper around on the property to get it ready, etc. Normally I'd move the truck and the Subaru out to the street (to make more room) - but there's no parking immediately near the house on the street - and I'm too lazy to park far away and walk back - besides - I'm a good Clipper driver - I don't need to move those vehicles - I can turn it around with them still there. Wrong.
No need to bore you all further - I hit one of my sewer clean-outs - ruined most of my day fixing it - thank goodness there's no surf presently, so my son was home to help me - or I'd still be working on it.....
I'm going to have a beer............or three
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

mccammonds

Are you going to need a new  black water  valve?
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

John Eversoll

Well, I have a real big Bozo for ya....

When our daughter was about 12 we were going to Arizona..  Daughter is at the kitchen making some sandwiches for mom and I while I was driving.....Here comes the good part.

I make an emergency swerve to avoid hitting a tire that was coming off a tractor trailer
and the daughter ---- while in the kitchen goes to the Extream  "Left" hitting the side door
it Pops open she grabs the door and the door frame and in her sweet Young teen voice
Yells ----  The fricking sandwiches are ready" And stop the *&^%$#@ Truck!!!!!!!!
From then on, we never made sandwiches while driving...She was OK just scared the crap out of her....Now we look back and laugh about it..But realise how close to a tragedy we came

Horst

you lucked out on that one John!
Mccammonds - no I meant to say I hit (ran over actually) the sewer clean-out valve on my property! Ended up having to dig it out, cut and replace pipe, local hardware store didn't have what I need - had to drive to Home Depot, blah, blah blah - a fun Saturday.
But, I would have REALLY been pissed if I messed up my Clipper holding tank pipes - I think that would have been an even bigger job! Replacing the valves is easy (done that already) - but fixing/replacing broken pipes and fittings is something else again.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

mccammonds

Where did you get your valves from?

I'm looking at Dupree Products.
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

Horst

That's where I got mine - good guy - good product - good price
Horst
ACOC  #2961