News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

first long weekend in clipper

Started by dreedy650, June 04, 2010, 07:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreedy650

well, had our first five day trip in the clipper, ran great other than the approx 6 miles per gallon. lol   all worked great except the fridge quit on ac, works great on propane and when we went to leave after five days the engine battery was dead. that has never happened probably had door open too much off and on with dome lamp running which caused that. I carry a jump box so no big deal. Love the clipper.......Hope all of you are getting some camping in as well.....   happy trails   Don

JerryT

Hi Don

Glad to hear you got to take out your Clipper.

I had a burned out 120v element in my fridge. I changed it and it now works good. Modern radios wired to the start battery will kill a battery even if the radio is off. I put my dome light on a bypass switch, mostly to avoid attracting insects. I usually get 7 to 8 mpg with my 440 but I have gotten in the 6's before. I got 3.6 on a 50 gallon tank and ran out on I-40 bucking a heavy head wind in Texas  :o

JerryT

caninecaravan

The caninecaravan is on its first long weekend as well, except this weekend is going to run into 15 days. Northern California to Nevada, Salt Lake City, Cheyenne Wyoming and the Yellowstone National Park. Home after that. Got 7.0 going from Sacramento to Reno over the mountains and the 8.1 from Reno to Elko, NV. This is the best that it has done. Also got the new Monroe shocks since the alignment guy told me that I didn't have any in the front.Sure took care of the porpoise that rode in the front end going over a bump. Will report more as the trip goes on.
canine caravan ACOC #3552