News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Mary Jane Thurston State Park Grand Rapids Ohio Apple Butter Festival

Started by JerryT, October 28, 2009, 07:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryT

Hi All!
This is my first post on my brand new Apple laptop. I had a 1999 Apple pismo laptop that I have been using up till now, that still works but getting a little slow (aren't we all) and was having trouble rendering all the photos I had on it. I have been using this new one for an hour and I am already spoiled!
We took our fall trip to Grand Rapids Ohio to the Apple Butter Fest and I want to share some pics of it and the adjoining campground. The town and the campground are on the Maumee river connected via the tow path (now park) for the old Miami Canal on it's south side. It is a historic town with a very special 33 year old Apple Butter Festival. This is a one day event that draws 30,000+ people into a town of a few hundred. They cook apple butter all day, make 800 jars, bring in 1600 jars and sell out in an hour. The vendors downtown sell ALL homemade/handmade crafts and dress in old style clothes ect. They also do reenactments of military and settlers. The whole thing is free to attend :) and I have never been to a nicer or better managed event. Mary Jane Thurston gave her land to the state of Ohio so they could make it a park, in today's dollars it would have been worth al least 10 million, a nice gift ;) I hope you enjoy the pics
JerryT

JerryT

Here is some of the campground. I have on my generator exhaust pipe up the side to the roof as we were dry camping.

JerryT

Here are some misc fest pics. The last pic is at the bank ATM machine :D

JerryT

A few more

JerryT

We took a short ride across the old train bridge and back, $1 each way :D Check out our engine and first class coach :o

JerryT

Ready---Fire!!! a couple of shots of the crowd and that's all for now, I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know.
JerryT

John Eversoll

Hi Jerry, Looks aas if you had a great time!!! :)

Comicly speaking was that Erv Perchs first attemp at a Clipper ;D

" the black flat bed"

Really I think you must have had a real fun time, I love the costumes the locals were wearing!! There is nothing like the small town America!

John :)

dreedy650

jerry, great pictures. your clipper looks very nice and well kept, thats cool.  great camping!!!!!

John Eversoll

Don't tell him that, he will just try to out do himself again...

Knowing Jerry, He will find a place in that Clipper for a washer and a dryer!!!

:) :) :) John

JerryT

JerryT

Thanks Don
When I look at the pics I just want to hit the road again.
JerryT

John Eversoll

Well Lucky You!!

I bet you could still find a place for a washer :)  John

JerryT

John
If I were going to be a nudist I would have to move some place warm like where you live :P
My washer is a roll of quarters.
JerryT

John Eversoll

Well, I hear the Polar Bear Club is taking applications..........

Now that would really hurt a guys> Never mind!!!

Quarters are a good thing!!!
And I can't wait till I move to Oregon!!!
Our two and a half acers are just what I need for our Black and tan Coonhounds to run in.  And then my garage will be big enough to get lost in!!!!!!
Hell, right now we are living in a 800 sq ft moblie Home... The new home will be 2,600 sq ft... I know I will get Lost in there... But will have enough room out by the garage for the Clipper.
:)John