News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Fourth of July

Started by John Eversoll, July 04, 2009, 11:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

Hi Gang!!  How was your fourth????

Ours was Great, we went to Los Alametos air Base here in Southern Calif.

They had a fly by from a Glob Master C5A--- Now that was imperssive!!!
Plus they had a fly by with two WWII fighter air craft......
On top of this there was a mock WWII battle between the japs and the USA
Guess who won!!!!!!  Yup, we did.
Well, the grandkids got their fill of corn on the cob Kettle corn hot dogs chili dogs
and cokes.... I am now 70 bucks short~~~~~~~~ But it was worth it.
The fire work display was the greatest ever.
OK, Now that I have told you my day, you can tel us yours..
Oh yea, Grandpa got ONE heck of a sunburn......
Later gaters, John E.

Horst

just the usual madness here in santa cruz.
big party - bbq - lots of food - and then all the illegal fireworks despite local law enforcement efforts.

I did have a "vision" which quite possibly saved my nephew a few burns. My son, nephew and a friend were in our back yard blowing off fireworks - some "legal" - (the red devil/safe and sane stuff) - and some illegal (that I got from a friend LAST year - they were left over.....hmmmm......)
So the kids are doing "Roman Candles" - these suckers can be pretty intense for a hand-held firework - they shoot 5 or 6 mini mortars about 60 feet in the air - pretty cool.
Well after doing about 8 of these, my nephew is getting ready to do one - and he lights it, and it fizzes, sputters, and goes out - but there is still at least an inch of fuse. He wants to light it again - and I just got this weird feeling - and I told him "no" - he would have  to put it in our regular mortar launcher that my son made - light it and step away.
Sure has heck - he lights it - and the first mortar goes up about 15 feet and explodes - we're crapping our pants and running for cover when the second mortar only got about 3 feet out of the candle and blew - showering us with goodies (we were already sheltered though) the remaining 4 mortars discharged normally thank God.
Needless to say all the remaining Roman Candles are now treated as regular mortars - no more hand-held antics
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Kinda brings back that OLD feeling of  "In coming"

a golden word as in hit the deck.  You had some excietment !!

I am glad  that the kids didn't get hurt.  Funny thing about a parents
" ESP".  we should listen to it more offten.
I just got back from droping the grand kids off at their home in CHINO.
Damn Hot there still, must have been about 87.
I love to see them and I am happy to see them go home
I'll wait another month and they will be droped off on me again.
At least the cat has come out of hiding.
Take care and have a great Monday, I am about to take my pain meds and Hit the sack
John

Khyron

had a good time, took the clipper out for it's second trip. As expected she performed extreamly well. Went to a smaller campground in the area called "Deer Run" 4 fools, 3 rec halls, and lots of activitys for the kids. By youngest even won a free ice cream cone in the parade  ;D

Loving this camper, although I have my oldest daughter for the summer and with 3 full sized people and 2 kids if got a little cramped in there. Good thig we only stayed in to sleep.

John Eversoll

Deer Run????   !!!!!!!  Tell Us more of this Bitchen sounding and gorgus place!!!!!

I remember many years ago when the wife and I took our 2,000 mile trip with the grand national

towed behind the clipper.. If you ever saw the Movie  "Six Pack"  that was us.

or close to it.  But in this case it was all girls.....  7 am the girls got up and had breakfast while mom and I started to get dressed.  By the time the girls got back we were dressed and ready to get Lunch.
after lunch we would go to the track and get me ready for a race. My daughters friends would be wearing the most reveiling things you could think of.  after a race I would be the referee. and Daddy to these girls/ guys would come over and start to drewl I would just get up with my Jack Danniels and Point
I guess the gun in my waistband might have had something to their leaving...
Everytime I would sit  by the fire with the dog "Also female"  The girls would come and sit down
Insted of thinking how quiet it is -- I would hear how bushy some guys eye brows were.
or I am not even going to go there.   All in all we had a great time and I don't think I would change a thing
even though I had to at times duck under the BRas and pantys hanging in the bathroom
But Tell Us more about this Place, I would love to visit!!! The girtls areal  but gone  and I don't race any more.... Take care, John E

Horst

Sleeping space mod:

One of the coolest mods I ever saw - and one that I almost did myself - was a couch to bunk conversion.
Can be done on any floorplan with a Gaucho couch:

You simply reconfigure the back rest to hinge up and hang from the overhead cabinets (with two heavy duty nylon straps) - and add some some well placed legs for support to the lower gaucho frame, and voila - you have a bunk over the gaucho - perfect for a kid. And with a further mod - you could still build an 8 to 12 inch insert for the lower part of the gaucho so that it remains a good sized double bed - slide the gaucho out toward the middle of the Clipper - pop in the insert against the wall - support the gaucho with three fold-out legs - you'll still have room to walk from front to back of Clipper easy - and you now have four sleeping areas.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

That sounds pretty cool !!!!

I don't know about you, but since we have lost our tv to this new fangled tv system

I am going to have to buy a plasma tv for the rig..... But, Where in gods green earth do I put it.

there is no space safe enough to hang it that I can see.  I have the rear kitchen w/ couch and two captain swivel chairs behind the passenger seat.   Got any ideas??? let me know :)
John E.

Horst

You first need to think about WHERE you will be seating/lying to watch TV.

With your floor plan - I'd put it where I have my TV - on a custom mounted shelf (removeable) that I have mounted on the closet wall, just under the overhead cabinet -  you can put a nice 19 inch flat screen TV/DVD combo there easy. Yes, you lose a place to sit, but, it allows for the most people to be able to watch TV - you can be in the upper bunk, on your couch behind the driver's seat, both swivel chairs, AND (another one of my mods) flip your passenger's seat to face backwards!
So - you could have two kids in the bunk and four adults comfortably sitting to watch TV.
I know.......freaking brilliant ;D
Horst
ACOC  #2961

John Eversoll

Horst````~~~~~~~~  You're GRRRRRRRrrreat!!!!!!!

John E,

LARRY RAY

Might work: Look for my cab divider spot. I have mine on a shelf on oposite side of door. works great. Set the tv on dish reciever and put dish right outside the door then run the cable to it and shut the door.
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

Khyron

Quote from: Horst on July 10, 2009, 08:24:45 AM
You first need to think about WHERE you will be seating/lying to watch TV.

With your floor plan - I'd put it where I have my TV - on a custom mounted shelf (removeable) that I have mounted on the closet wall, just under the overhead cabinet -  you can put a nice 19 inch flat screen TV/DVD combo there easy. Yes, you lose a place to sit, but, it allows for the most people to be able to watch TV - you can be in the upper bunk, on your couch behind the driver's seat, both swivel chairs, AND (another one of my mods) flip your passenger's seat to face backwards!
So - you could have two kids in the bunk and four adults comfortably sitting to watch TV.
I know.......freaking brilliant ;D

Thats just where I put mine, but I used a small arm mount so it can me moved and angled, when not in use I can set it back far enough to use the seat when we have to eat in the Clipper

John Eversoll

Ya know --- that is pretty good...
I will have to get a mount that will fold down and put the tv under the storage cabinet on the passenger side "top side above between the captain chairs...Boy I am almost sorry I started this make over on the Clipper.... It has gotten to be a real "B" ...  The removeal of the ceiling was excuse me " Bitch."

prophetdaniel2

Fourth was great! watched the works in Eagle river then went to Chugiak for the parade the next morning. I raised a flag on our whip antenna, but the antenna base needs some reinforcement for full time flag waving. Parked on the side of the road and rolled out the awning and waved to the jealous paraders! got a lot of compliments on the clipper and one offer to purchase (no way! ;))

My wife practicing her yoyo routine.

John Eversoll

Hey Prophet,,  I must say that you guts are ver Photogenic!!!

Hows the wife Yo Yo doin??

The Rig Looks great, as soon as I can get my daughter to hook up the camera I'll send ya some of my rig and the up grades
we are doing. I can only do so much and then have my daughter take over. We" are replacing the panneling with some new stuff
that I have staind a light oak. and have replaced the fridge with a new one from Lowels Hardware.  I am going to try the thing that Horst told us about with the 750 watt  power converter. That should give me enough amps to run the fridge while we drive.
Since you live up there in GODS COUNTRY, have you done any gold panning? if so how did ya do..
Take care!!! John :)

prophetdaniel2

John,
     Thanks for the kind words. If I am not careful my wife will soon surpass my meager yoyo talent. I have only been panning once, but I got a very tiny amount of gold and platinum. But the fellow I bought my clipper from is an active member of the Alaska miners association. the clipper was his main panning rig for several years. I have another buddy who recently bought a dredge. I keep trying to rope him into a weekend trip in the clip with that dredge strapped to the roof. Ill keep you posted...
    And lets see them pics! I am interested in the new paneling you installed. I just met a guy who does industrial strength textiles and am thinking about recovering my cushions and replacing my awning. If I do those, I might need new paneling as well....
-D