News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Just bought my first RV. Has to be a Dodge ;)

Started by Khyron, May 27, 2009, 08:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

Just purchased a 77 American Clipper 440 rear kitchen model. I will be bringing her home tommorow and will post pics. Im a huge Dodge fan and just had to get a vintage Dodge to Tow my VIntage Dodge  ;D

Will post pics soon, get ready for all the questions :)

JerryT

Welcome to the club!!!
I also am a Dodge fan and I have a 78 rear kitchen Clipper. Looking forward to seeing the pics.
JerryT

Khyron

Well,l we had some excitement picking up the RV last night, she almost made it home but ending up with a kind of big issue, The Power cable leading to the battery wasn't fastened very well and came loose right on the exhaust manifold resulting in one heck of a short. Fortunately it tripped the main breaker but not before some damage was done to the electrical system. Off to the parts store to rewire this old girl the right way now.

Having a mechanical aptitude will prove helpful in the ownership. Just wish someone told me AAA Plus doesn't include RV's :P

But after calling AAA< they'll cover the old girl.....yes, I had to talk to the manager ;)

Khyron

Well, re-wired teh whole system, just to be safe, here she is at home while I was cleaning the old girl this weekend.

BTW: I will be replaceing th emaster cylinder, soft pedal that sinks, scared teh hell out of me and the car that cut me off  :-X

Khyron

here is the inside.

Horst

Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Quote from: Khyron on May 27, 2009, 08:13:00 PM
Just purchased a 77 American Clipper 440 rear kitchen model. I will be bringing her home tommorow and will post pics. Im a huge Dodge fan and just had to get a vintage Dodge to Tow my VIntage Dodge  ;D

Will post pics soon, get ready for all the questions :)
Wellcome friend, Glad to see more and more people saving these antiques.  Even though the gas keeeeeeeeps going Up
I  will never get rid of the rig or my 71 Chevelle SS with 600 hp. Teh rig has the 440 as well and I have never had any trouble in climbing hills.

But the biggest problem I do have is over heating.  I might yank out the fan and install an electric fan to see if that helps.

Good luck on yours I am going to start a major inside overhaul

John

Khyron

Thanks for the kind words guys, I've spent the better half of the weekend buffing the heck out of the ol girl, The camper part is back to it's gel coat and looking great. I woke up to rain this morning, went out and to my pleasure saw that the buffed side just beaded up and ran off.

Will get more pics soon as my work progresses.

Also, I feel the same way, in the garage in the first pic you can see my 69 Dodge Charger. 440 in her also, the scary part is the RV will get better mileage :lol:

John Eversoll

Yea, I know what you mean about the gas mileage!!!LOL
Orig owner of the 71 chevelle and I just had the motor rebuilt for the first time.
266,00 miles. I beleive I am getting around 6 mpg..... But she is worth it.
Hope to see ya on the road some day
John